ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gerda will win and break the record she looked ridiculously comfortable on Two Oceans. Irvette said she was untouchable and could have run 3:27-3:28 on the day.

It is going to take something out of the ordinary, perhaps a record, to beat Camille (If she does not injure herself). 

The ladies podium will be the same as last year Morozova Ann and Gerda. Camille is just too slow over Comrades yes she won in 2017 but there was no competition and her time was very slow for a winning time.

The ladies podium will be the same as last year Morozova Ann and Gerda. Camille is just too slow over Comrades yes she won in 2017 but there was no competition and her time was very slow for a winning time.

Agreed... she's in a league of her own with 100milers etc, but not quick enough for Comrades I reckon. Even an up run. 

How do you think Chrissie Wellington will do? Might not have the pure ultra marathon pedigree but I think the fact she has been Ironman World Champ 4 times could see her up there towards the front end? She ran a 2h52 at London marathon, which is a lot slower than the other ladies.

In the men's race there may be a serious new challenger. 100km World record holder, Nao Kazami, who is from Japan, may be lining up on 9 June. (This according to a tweet by The Running Mann). Interesting indeed

Agreed... she's in a league of her own with 100milers etc, but not quick enough for Comrades I reckon. Even an up run. 

I don't know how I had her time so mixed up and wrong.   :oops:     The Gerda/Ann show is going to be something.  I hope Ann is over her injury and we will be in for a treat! 

In the men's race there may be a serious new challenger. 100km World record holder, Nao Kazami, who is from Japan, may be lining up on 9 June. (This according to a tweet by The Running Mann). Interesting indeed

He will be one to watch it will depend how he is on a very hilly course. I can't see beyond Bongmusa but if he has a bad day it could be David Gatebe, Edward Mothibi perhaps even Steve Way.

How do you think Chrissie Wellington will do? Might not have the pure ultra marathon pedigree but I think the fact she has been Ironman World Champ 4 times could see her up there towards the front end? She ran a 2h52 at London marathon, which is a lot slower than the other ladies.

I think she could get a gold but there are so many who will be fighting for them. An Irish girl is running who recently ran 2:38 a Canadian with a 2:41 English girl with 2:41 Sarah Bard, Devon Yanko, Domonika Stelmach, Charne Bosman, jenna challenor, Yolande then you include Ann,Camille,Gerda and Alexander Morozova the list is long!

I suppose I am essentially a hobbit, so you guys with dainty narrow elvin feet are a foreign species.

My biggest issue is my 2nd toe, which is WAY longer than my big toe, so I have to make sure my shoes can accommodate that. 

Forward slipping for me indicated poor lacing or the fit over the arch is too big. Do any or all of you guys still use the traditional 'lock lace' threading at the top? I swear that is a forgotten practice that can sort out a lot of woes.

I've been led to believe these are great for swinging from tree to tree...

:whistling:

Yolande now going for 10th gold, in 10 years? 

Yolanda? 

Was she originally from Boksburg (ran for Boksburg Athletic club)

Yolanda? 

Was she originally from Boksburg (ran for Boksburg Athletic club)

Yolande Maclean, I remember speaking to her long ago and finding out who she was (!) and she was 7 or 8 golds from as many races. She wanted to get 10 and then call it a day. No idea where or who she runs for.