ScottCM

Not an official marathon though... They also had people sweeping the course and decided when the optimal time and date would be too run it. We only knew last night what the official start time would be

Marginal gains

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah yeah you can say not this not that fact if the matter he broke 2 hours over 42.2 km by running, end of story. Haters can hate dems de facts!

Not an official marathon though... They also had people sweeping the course and decided when the optimal time and date would be too run it. We only knew last night what the official start time would be

Yeah yeah yeah you can say not this not that fact if the matter he broke 2 hours over 42.2 km by running, end of story. Haters can hate dems de facts!

If ever there was a case of putting words in someone’s mouth, this is it

How awesome is this little screenshot I got!c0cdb4770a5e39bede9246cdd1b6f9db.jpg

I’d love to have a massive poster of that on my wall...

I don't understand?

Check what you posted, then check what you were quoted for the same post at 12:24

Edited by Craai

Check what you posted, then check what you were quoted for the same post at 12:24

I was just explaining to lotus why they could have the green Lazer etc etc.. Because it wasn't an official marathon

I was just explaining to lotus why they could have the green Lazer etc etc.. Because it wasn't an official marathon

And Stevief replied saying irrespective of the controlled conditions, the man still had to run it.

So whatever the nay sayers say... it still had to be run

And Stevief replied saying irrespective of the controlled conditions, the man still had to run it.

So whatever the nay sayers say... it still had to be run

Totally agree with that... He knows he can do it now .. I hope he's got another couple of years at this level. Because I think he's capable of doing it in a marathon

That I understand, but your quote grew from one paragraph to two. Stevief accidentally replied in your quote, not important, all tongue firmly in cheek

Great run!

Maybe someone can tell me why runners can't wear headphones when racing?

I thought it was to prevent pacing info being given, but it appears that Kipchoge had pacers and a laser light from a car (according to Sky) giving him the pace.

Probably because runners with headphones are 39% more oblivious to what is going on around them.

Maybe someone can tell me why runners can't wear headphones when racing?

At the Old Eds race they said the music is similar to a drug, in that the rhythm can be better achieved with a beat. They even said a music box in a backpack is not allowed. Not sure if that is the official reason or they were just making it up as they go.

At the Old Eds race they said the music is similar to a drug, in that the rhythm can be better achieved with a beat. They even said a music box in a backpack is not allowed. Not sure if that is the official reason or they were just making it up as they go.

I think it’s been proven that listening to music increases performance