ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 week Marathon program steered this week... Not feeling very motivated at all!

I'm running Red Hill in 24 days and I haven't strapped my road shoes on since 2 Oceans.

Been a crazy busy season for us too. Hoping to tick off a qualifier for Oceans early and allow myself some leeway in training for a big trail run/adventure in July without any road obligations getting in the way.... (besides Oceans)

Luckily it's hilly and not flat and fast!

16 week Marathon program steered this week... Not feeling very motivated at all!

Which marathon?

Don't laugh....

I'm thinking of starting a 10k or maybe starting with a 5k run program with the end of goal of racing a Std tri in June / July... Will also need to couple it with sme swim and TT training...

Which marathon?

Don't laugh....

I'm thinking of starting a 10k or maybe starting with a 5k run program with the end of goal of racing a Std tri in June / July... Will also need to couple it with sme swim and TT training...

Boston in April.... Winter training is no fun

Boston in April.... Winter training is no fun

Nice, enjoy the journey (training)

Tell me about it, I'm really struggling to motivate myself to go out in the cold.

To make it worse we have "the fog" which has been covering our area for weeks, nice and sunny above the fog

This webcam shot from the hill overlooking Zug

post-182-0-81079700-1577963796_thumb.jpg

So.... If you guys are feeling generous in the new year, check out the Eden to Addo corridor initiative.

I'm doing the run regardless, but it would be rad if I could throw some donation coin into the pot.... If you can, rad, otherwise maybe I will re ask after everyone gets paid on the 92nd of January!

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/guy-twc

Please let me know where you find motivation  :blush: 

Happy New Year!  

What are your running plans for the year?

My runs I have planned thus far:

Jan - Johnson Crane marathon (got bullied into this one)

Feb - Congo Caves marathon 

Mar - Om die dam 

Apr - Loskop

May - RAC long run

Hope you all have a wonderful and injury free 2020 running year!

HNY All

My races entered so far....

Jan - Dischem, Johnson Crane

Feb - Bobbies, Ironman 70.3 Dubai, Pirates, Berg en Dale cycle race

Mar - Edenvale, ODD, RunZone, Jackie Gibson

Apr - Two Oceans, Birchwood

May - nothing yet

June - Ironman 70.3 Durban

Jul - Jock Classic cycle race

Motivation is something I never seems to lack  :whistling:

All the best for the year ahead !!

I've only got Boston on the cards... But will also do a half in June (probably cork) went then I am planning on giving XC a go in the summer as well as all the short runs...5km 10km 4mi 5mi etc

Edited by Stretch

I have Red Hill marathon on the 25th of Jan, 2 Oceans in April and The Tusker in July.

I think I might quit running for a while after that.

Another slow ploddy year leading up to that beast in July... I should hit 100 mountain km this afternoon for 2020. Been a good 1st week!

I have entered...

Johnson Crane and Comrades(Q).

Hoping to enter...

Township(Feb), Jackie Gibson(March), and pump up the rest of my Comrades prep by doing my own thing.

Might do a race just before the fasting month of Ramadhan.

I am gonna open a gym called "Resolutions".

It will have fitness equipment for the first month and then become a bar from Feb-Dec.

While I had not planned on a huge amount of running, I am now doing a large AR with a few rather good runners so I will have to be upping my game a lot...

I am gonna open a gym called "Resolutions".

It will have fitness equipment for the first month and then become a bar from Feb-Dec.

While I had not planned on a huge amount of running, I am now doing a large AR with a few rather good runners so I will have to be upping my game a lot...

Lesotho in April with some Red Ants?

I'm sorry to be missing it but 2 weeks away and a week being away from comms won't suit the wife and the baby currently.

Lesotho in April with some Red Ants?

I'm sorry to be missing it but 2 weeks away and a week being away from comms won't suit the wife and the baby currently.

no Ants there this year... but a solid team of runners.

Understandable about the family though, but then again I know of a 6month old that topped sterkhorn a few weeks ago.

no Ants there this year... but a solid team of runners.

Understandable about the family though, but then again I know of a 6month old that topped sterkhorn a few weeks ago.

Yeah... Mine has been up to Maclears and up and down the mast a few times, but it's the being away from comms that's the issue.

No Ants! Yoh....