ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a long run, i usually use my Solomon backpack. Very lightweight and lots of pockets. We got no petrol stations outside of town, so I'm screwed. But sometimes i just ask my wife to be my second and drive alongside me with her car.

On a long run, i usually use my Solomon backpack. Very lightweight and lots of pockets. We got no petrol stations outside of town, so I'm screwed. But sometimes i just ask my wife to be my second and drive alongside me with her car.

I bet she gets super excited whenever you bring this up; I mean, who wouldn’t? Driving 10-20km/h for hours on end. Riveting stuff ????

I bet she gets super excited whenever you bring this up; I mean, who wouldn’t? Driving 10-20km/h for hours on end. Riveting stuff

Tell me about it... The longest day

When my wife was training for her last comrades i rode with her on my mtb for 50k's 

Bear in mind this was winter in switz, we had wind, sun, rain, sleet, hail and snow all in the time it took for her to run 50k's... my hands have never been so cold as on this day 

Small payback for all the time she has traipsed around after me

I bet she gets super excited whenever you bring this up; I mean, who wouldn’t? Driving 10-20km/h for hours on end. Riveting stuff ????

She hates it,especially when its a 60km long run. Lol

She hates it,especially when its a 60km long run. Lol

Why don't you just gooi a couple of frozen bottles in the bush along your route?

Who runs at 20km/h????

Why don't you just gooi a couple of frozen bottles in the bush along your route?

Lexx lives like in the wild boondocks, Its 40 deg C and do you know how inquisitive the monkeys are??

Edited by SwissVan

Lexx lives like in the wild boondocks, Its 40 deg C and do you know how inquisitive the monkeys are??

That's why I said frozen.... And hide it [emoji23]

Who runs at 20km/h

More a case of her foot slipping on the accelerator pedal from boredom/cramps in her calf than anything else 

I did that once. Went out at about 20:00 and hid all my water bottles at different spots along my 30km run. Next morning i found all but 1. Damn Moz bastards stole my water bottles.  :cursing: .

I did that once. Went out at about 20:00 and hid all my water bottles at different spots along my 30km run. Next morning i found all but 1. Damn Moz bastards stole my water bottles. :cursing: .

Jeepers... That's a bit annoying!

I have a 500ml hand held and a pair of hydration shorts that hold 600ml very very comfortably.....

See below;

https://thesavage.biz/collections/mens-wearable-gear/products/u-d-hydro-shorts-mens

https://thesavage.biz/collections/hydrapak-all/products/hydrapak-500ml-softflask-w-handle-and-flat-bottom

The hydro shorts are so rad. They allow you to go half coke half water in between water points on marathons too if you aren't running full gas or need a pick me up.

I also train with them up the mountain instead of a vest. 600ml is enough to get me from pool/stream to pool/stream anywhere on tbl mntn and it free's up my hands for hopping and leaning on my quads... 

Hi guys

I’m sure it’s been discussed before in these 902 pages.

How do you carry water on longer training runs?

Bottle in the hand

Small bottles on a belt

Vest with soft bottles

Hydration backpack

or like a friend I asked,plans all her runs past a petrol station and buys a water.

Before I go spend lots of school fees,any advice would be great.

thx

i've seen those pants in action and am not convinced. would maybe give it a go if it cost a 1/4 of that.

They still need an internal belt to keep it up, so why not just get a running belt and that you can use for any shorts you already have?

such as this

https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8312244_running-waistband-2-water-bottles-250ml.html

I did that once. Went out at about 20:00 and hid all my water bottles at different spots along my 30km run. Next morning i found all but 1. Damn Moz bastards stole my water bottles.  :cursing: .

you go running at 8pm along the border.

would think water was the least of your worries!

you go running at 8pm along the border.

would think water was the least of your worry

no never, only went to hide my bottles at 8pm. Snakes on the road are my biggest worry.. :eek:  :eek:.

I recon it was the monkeys