ScottCM

Hi guys

I’m sure it’s been discussed before in these 902 pages.

How do you carry water on longer training runs?

Bottle in the hand

Small bottles on a belt

Vest with soft bottles

Hydration backpack

or like a friend I asked,plans all her runs past a petrol station and buys a water.

Before I go spend lots of school fees,any advice would be great.

thx

I'm loving my hydration pack from Decathlon. Have 2x 500ml soft flasks and option to use 1L or 2L bladder. Tested it on a 15km road run and then ran 50km in the Berg with it 2 days later. No issues.

https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8489273_10l-trail-running-bag-unisex-blue.html

(they also have some other really good value options https://www.decathlon.co.za/26916-sport-walking-flasks-and-flask-carrying)

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, not sure if something like this has been discussed before. I recently bought a new pair of running shoes, Saucony Ride ISO 2, absolutely love them. My problem however is that the left heel has worn off to the point that I'm not sure if I'll get 200km's on them. This has never happened before and my Cumulus 21 has 750km on and can probably still do another 100km's.

So my question, do I write this off as being the wrong shoe? I do most of my runs with my girl in a pram, holding it with my right hand, is there a case to be made that one over compensate with the left side because you are holding it with your right side? Or is it more complicated than that?

Would love to hear your opinions on this.

Happy Birthday Andrew! 27 again?

Of course... hoping to graduate to 28 at the 12th time of asking, but I'm not very good at growing up.

I am though looking forward to a scan on my achilles this afternoon which will hopefully give me some long needed answers. Been a frustrating few months, even by my standards  :D

Such a pity. I was looking forward to seeing him perform at Comrades

Me too, I almost started crying watching the video. He was so emotional, heart breaking to watch.