divernick

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here come up with a way of adding a 2nd bottle cage to the seat tube of a Cotic hard tail frame without drilling more bosses?

I want to avoid drilling because that voids the warranty and quite honestly I don't trust myself or anyone else with a drill near my baby...

Oh and seat post mounted cage is also not an option because of an externally routed dropper post.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Has anyone here come up with a way of adding a 2nd bottle cage to the seat tube of a Cotic hard tail frame without drilling more bosses?

I want to avoid drilling because that voids the warranty and quite honestly I don't trust myself or anyone else with a drill near my baby...

Oh and seat post mounted cage is also not an option because of an externally routed dropper post.

Cable ties and insulation tape , sounds crude amd it is. Also doesn't look very nice but it does work very well.

It cimes down to if looks bother you

Otherwise you can have an engineering company make tow clams that go around theseat tube the same way those seatpost mount bottle cage adapters work.

Make out of alu to try not to harm paint....this can get very costly tho.

Camelbak ?

Topeak do a clamp-on cage mount. Don't know if the size matches the seat tube ext dia?

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/Bottle-Cages/332-cagemount

Cable ties and insulation tape , sounds crude amd it is. Also doesn't look very nice but it does work very well.

It cimes down to if looks bother you

Otherwise you can have an engineering company make tow clams that go around theseat tube the same way those seatpost mount bottle cage adapters work.

Make out of alu to try not to harm paint....this can get very costly tho.

Camelbak ?

I do ride with a Camelbak on most occasions, but the Cotic is mostly the bike I use on short rides after work most of the time at Wolwespruit, so I prefer to ride without a pack on the 1/1.5 hr rides just from a packing and logistics viewpoint the night before.

Cable ties were my go to on another frame I had but it looked horrible to say the least - aesthetics of the bike is quite a big thing for me haha.

I am thinking I will probably get an engineering company to make some clamps - it's going to be the neatest solution. Just going to come to down to cost in the end - thanks for the suggestion. 

Topeak do a clamp-on cage mount. Don't know if the size matches the seat tube ext dia?

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/Bottle-Cages/332-cagemount

I have seen this one, only problem is that in the end the cage sits quite far from the seat-tube, which isn't the end of the world, but doesn't look amazing. If I don't find a better looking solution, or if making clamps turns out to be too expensive I will go this route - thanks!

I do ride with a Camelbak on most occasions, but the Cotic is mostly the bike I use on short rides after work most of the time at Wolwespruit, so I prefer to ride without a pack on the 1/1.5 hr rides just from a packing and logistics viewpoint the night before.

Cable ties were my go to on another frame I had but it looked horrible to say the least - aesthetics of the bike is quite a big thing for me haha.

I am thinking I will probably get an engineering company to make some clamps - it's going to be the neatest solution. Just going to come to down to cost in the end - thanks for the suggestion. 

I have seen this one, only problem is that in the end the cage sits quite far from the seat-tube, which isn't the end of the world, but doesn't look amazing. If I don't find a better looking solution, or if making clamps turns out to be too expensive I will go this route - thanks!

The ones from Ryder, via CWC, look a bit neater perhaps?

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/ryder-seatpost-clamp-water-bottle

I will take some proper photos this weekend, but here it is... built up in all of it's glory!

Also ended up using the same style clamp as the ryder to add a second water bottle cage for my tool bottle. 

Very very happy with how this one turned out!

post-82251-0-03740400-1501158449_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Grease_Monkey

post-86156-0-93343300-1501165891_thumb.jpg

I will take some proper photos this weekend, but here it is... built up in all of it's glory!

Also ended up using the same style clamp as the ryder to add a second water bottle cage for my tool bottle. 

Very very happy with how this one turned out!

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2017-07-27 at 14.26.19.jpeg

Nice bike. Miss my Solaris. Thinking of building one up again

You should get one of these for your tools

• 5 weeks later...

Proper deep section wheels, how do they handle the gravel, not to stiff?

They all good hey,been riding them for ages and never had any worries with being too stiff. Running 40c tyres so its quite a comfortable ride.

They all good hey,been riding them for ages and never had any worries with being too stiff. Running 40c tyres so its quite a comfortable ride.

Dit lyk bef..