[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

I am lucky if I can get 3 hours training in a week.  This weekend I am in the feed and tech zone for my son doing the XCO at Paarl.  That is 3/4 of the Saturday gone. Sunday is family day.

I usually try and get an afternoon in the week at Helderberg Farm on the red route up and down. And maybe 2 weekends a month on the road to either Stellies or Rooi Els and back.

Oh, and some Wednesday evenings I am at the Wannabees Time Trial at Southeys.

I am so jealous of guys that can get a 100km+ ride in per week.

I'm also on the 5 - 11 hrs / week .. I never do >100km on training rides. Think I had 3 rides the last year that was more than  100km and they were all "fun rides" (99er, ppa, etc).

My Training plan was mostly LSD ~2-3.5 hrs on weekends and lots of interval type training of (1 - 1.5hrs) in the week.. 

I did few 4 hrs cycles to grabouw to support better half at her open water swims, think that helped alot.

Just plan around your life, there always a hr or 5 gap waiting for something/someone.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I broke 5hrs after being on route for a 6hr but my saddle really started hurting my ass at the bottom of chappies so I got out of the saddle and caught onto the back of a group of MTBers in USN kit going really fast and flew to the finish.

Next year I'll fit my dualie saddle and not that holsaag of a Fizik on my hardtail :)

Those USN ysters also passed me.  No ways I could stick with them, they were way too fast.

Please anyone out there. I am really pleased to have completed this Argus with a PB, but so disappointed that I cannot find any footage of the Elites going up Suikerbossie. The DSTV highlights skipped from Chapmans to Clifton.

Do advise or point to any footage that may be out there.

A

Errrr... are they screwing around with the results? My second round result disappeared and my time has all of a sudden improved for the first lap  :eek:

Donovan has taken his rightful place as winner of 1A though so they must be doing something  :ph34r:

Awesome commentary! And my right sock and shoe makes an appearance at 1:17 :)

My butt, with Phil saying "Load the missiles into the tube" is just after that and 1:18 ;)

Had a chat with them seems they from all over the world.  Rode with them until my chain came off going up chappies had to get off as it twisted.  Came in with a 3:05 I had a green Nulandis top on.

I remember this.  As Chappies started you were on the right hand side of the road.  It looked like a tangle mess.  Glad you sorted it.

I had the same issues on the 99er. After replacement derailleur, it was sorted. 

Why are there only 28 616 finishers.

What happened  to the other 6500 odd  entrants.

There cant be that many no shows and DNFs.

Why are there only 28 616 finishers.

What happened to the other 6500 odd entrants.

There cant be that many no shows and DNFs.

It's closer to 12000 dnf and no shows!!

I hear the wife had to cheer you on from behind. Friday night was still in the legs otherwise a sub 3?

Saterdagoggend my eerste GU gepop net om tot by die badkamer te kom...syt self nie te goed gelyk

A video of Jan Braai going around the Peninsula in 2:49, supported by the HotChillee Ride Captains

https://youtu.be/5Go_CszvR68

hahaha lekker vid  :thumbup:

see me dancing up sugarbush in my #bananawatts at 2'45" and in the cave at 3'00"  :ph34r:

I always thought we get around 800/900 or so sub 3's a year.

Only 837 sub3's this year. Thought it shouldve been more what with the good weather?

Only 837 sub3's this year. Thought it shouldve been more what with the good weather?

i think compared to previous years, its much not so?

484 Sub-3's in 2014

Almost double this year?

Archived