[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

I think the biggest issue is if organisers look at individual person, one person may pay a R1200 premium, but when you have to do that for an entire family, then it becomes a massive amount of money. 

I hope that next year the split of entries reflects the economic climate.

Nah they just get less interest from the public but thy won't tell you that

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah they just get less interest from the public but thy won't tell you that

From the up roar on facebook and twitter, I doubt there is less interest. Otherwise nobody would have gotten a rejection email. 

After checking my wifes seeding index against mine I discovered that hers was 20 points better than mine, based on a woman's only event. Isn't that a bit unfair considering that most people are seeded on overall results?

Neither of us do many ppa fun rides - mtb or road so the pool of events they could look at was small. She's having trouble living her pro-status down in our house at the moment  and is thinking of racing on her own and challenging me to catch her up...

After checking my wifes seeding index against mine I discovered that hers was 20 points better than mine, based on a woman's only event. Isn't that a bit unfair considering that most people are seeded on overall results?

Neither of us do many ppa fun rides - mtb or road so the pool of events they could look at was small. She's having trouble living her pro-status down in our house at the moment  and is thinking of racing on her own and challenging me to catch her up...

No, the seeding would take that into account with the beta & adjusted winners time of the event.

You just need to accept & live with the fact that your wife is at least 20% faster than you on a bike  :ph34r:

Neither of us do many ppa fun rides - mtb or road so the pool of events they could look at was small. She's having trouble living her pro-status down in our house at the moment and is thinking of racing on her own and challenging me to catch her up...

Let her then and prove her wrong. Unless of course you don't think you can... ;)

Does anyone know if you have substituted with someone whether or not your seeding will be recalculated or will you simply start in one of the last batches?

Does anyone know if you have substituted with someone whether or not your seeding will be recalculated or will you simply start in one of the last batches?

You will be reseeded according to your ability

Hi. We have three entries that we won't be able to use. Please contact me if interested in the entries. Thanks.