[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup : You have qualified to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour twice based on your seeding index being approximately 29 or better.

So with a seeding of 6.19 Can I ride it 4 times? Seeming 6 fits into 29 a few times[emoji1]

You have qualified to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour twice based on your seeding index being approximately 29 or better.

Perhaps you would like to ride a second lap to raise money for a charity or maybe you just want to take in the beautiful scenery.

If you are interested in riding twice, please read the rules and procedures below.

Rules

All the normal event rules will apply with special emphasis on the following:

A second entry fee of R470 will be charged for those who enter for those riding twice.

expensive stuff :whistling:

But for charity. :thumbup:

I'm oddly "detached" from the Argus this year. Normaly by this time I would have organised and done a few Argus route training rides, be out on my bike every day, hammering away.

This year I have not even done a 100km training ride yet, spending more time on my Mtb.

Wonder where my enthusiasm for this race has gone?

This is so unlike you Wannabe! Sounds like you must've fallen on your head recently.... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Bear in mind you have had a bunch of years giving it gas! I usually have a 3 year cycle of training hard towards it, than at least 2 years taking it easy and riding it super social before the next round of harder efforts start! Hoping to get my cycle in tune with the weather patterns at some point!

You will come alive on the day! The very first HOOOOOOPLA will get you sucker!

Hi Guys

Need a bit of advice please. Can any of the locals suggest a central parking spot close to start and finish. Normally the wife drops me off and picks me up, but this year they can't come with unfortunately. Will be staying in guest house in Tygerheuwels.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Need a bit of advice please. Can any of the locals suggest a central parking spot close to start and finish. Normally the wife drops me off and picks me up, but this year they can't come with unfortunately. Will be staying in guest house in Tygerheuwels.

Thanks

V&A Waterfront :thumbup:

I am in two minds if I should enter. Best I have ever done was 3:27 and I am in 1G starting 6:33

How strict are they with the 9:50 dead line? I might make 10:00, not sure about 9:50...

Hi Guys

Thanks

Parking is going to be chaos. More so if you have a later starting time and the city is already quite full by then! Consider that your only route in to the city will be the elevated N1\N2 and this will be super congested! Your best option is to park outside of the city and catch some form of public transport in, or cycle in as part of a warm up\cool down if you don't mind doing a little extra distance! (There will even be guys that ride in and back from Tygerheuwels on the day, but those may be some amateur racing snake types!)

Hi Guys

Thanks

Easiest might be CTICC parking as its really close to the start but slightly further from the finish. Has quite a few entrance/exits

V&A might also be an option but be sure to pack in a cup of patience as hundred of others will try and do the same

I think you'll be shocked at the "but more leisurely" side of things in 6B. I rode from W or X a few years ago, it was fabulous.

It's actually pretty nice, no w@nkers getting all uppity in the chutes trying to get to the front when still in holding pens, no agro when the gun goes, just riders heading off at a leisurely pace out to enjoy themselves for 6 or 7 hours. Oh, and no bunches to get dropped from. And you get to stop and drink as much coke as you want.

EDIT: Stopping at all the water points makes it just like a MTB race.

You have voiced my expectations  :thumbup:

I am looking forward to the day.

Hi Guys

Thanks

I am not a local, but can tell you what I've been doing the last two years. I get to CT early, before the roads are closed and make my way to the underground parking at the V&A by Pick and Pay. Expect to pay around R40- R50 for the parking for the day. Lots of people do the same and the vehicle is safe. It is a short ride to the start and finish. 

I am in two minds if I should enter. Best I have ever done was 3:27 and I am in 1G starting 6:33

How strict are they with the 9:50 dead line? I might make 10:00, not sure about 9:50...

ditto, just this my first time, so no idea bout finish time

Hi Guys

Thanks

We park every year at the CTICC, at the start and there are myciti busses that takes you from finish back to the start. But we have in the past cycled back as well if we felt like it.

Same here - I'd have just 25 minutes to get back to the start, IF I manage 3 hours flat...

And due to the lack of races here this year, I don't have a clue if I could manage a 3h.

So, you could enter, arrive at the start 5 minutes late and "nope, sorry, you lose R470"?

Same here - I'd have just 25 minutes to get back to the start, IF I manage 3 hours flat...

And due to the lack of races here this year, I don't have a clue if I could manage a 3h.

So, you could enter, arrive at the start 5 minutes late and "nope, sorry, you lose R470"?

I think I will do better than my previous PB of 3:27, however I am not sure if I am willing to risk loosing R470 on that gamble.