Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

A lot of walking involved, id say, prepare to walk a lot, if we dont this year, then we lucky!

I read some reports of  walking long sandy stretches last year, parts that seem to be included this year as well. In 2014 there was not a lot of walking, some in stage 1 (too steep) and stage 7 (obligatory for everyone).

If you are light and strong and fast, you will probably not walk a lot. But if you are all that, you would probably not question the forum about walking a lot...

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke if I may ask, what happened?

My partner had some work commitments that he could not move 

Gents, just to help out, if you are one of the many who still need some Assos bibs/gear for the epic. Cyclesharp is the cheapest in SA at the moment, free shipping. :clap: :clap:  :clap: 

www.cyclesharp.co.za

Found a replacement yet?

Got someone lined up just waiting for final confirmation should know this week still.

In the mean time I am putting in the training as if nothing changed

Can anyone confirm for certain if USN will be supplying Epic Pro at the water points?

This is my energy drink of choice and I would love it if they were supplying it at the WP.

Gents, just to help out, if you are one of the many who still need some Assos bibs/gear for the epic. Cyclesharp is the cheapest in SA at the moment, free shipping. :clap: :clap:  :clap:

www.cyclesharp.co.za

+1 on this I bought my bibs from Retief and they were the cheapest. But what he fails to mention in this post is the excellent service

+1 on this I bought my bibs from Retief and they were the cheapest. But what he fails to mention in this post is the excellent service

Can't agree more, I bought 4 shirts from him and his service was excellent, feedback the whole time, received my package this morning and the cheapest by far!!! He will definitely see me again in the future.

Can anyone confirm for certain if USN will be supplying Epic Pro at the water points?

This is my energy drink of choice and I would love it if they were supplying it at the WP.

Send them an email to clarify.

But honestly I doubt that. Wouldn't Epic Pro be too expensive to fork out at the water points?

Looks like my partner plans didnt pan out. Back to the drawing board.

Fred Buter is looking to ride.

Send them an email to clarify.

But honestly I doubt that. Wouldn't Epic Pro be too expensive to fork out at the water points?

Not at cost - at sales price - for sure...

Looks like my partner plans didnt pan out. Back to the drawing board.

Chat to the race office - they may have others in your situation looking to hook up.

Archived