Cape Epic 2016 Group

Acerunner

X-King on the Front, Mountain King on the back....

Another 1kg to go and I'm ready to roll. Lightest I've been in 20 Years.

Maargat

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My recommendation would be to have a look at Specialized tires. I'd go 2,1 Ground control grid on the back and 2,3 ground control control on the front. By far the best tires i've ever used.

My recommendation would be to have a look at Specialized tires. I'd go 2,1 Ground control grid on the back and 2,3 ground control control on the front. By far the best tires i've ever used.

I tested the Specialized tyres for the good reason that they are the most affordable on the market :-)

Ground control 2.2 front and Fast Track 2.0 on the back.

My personal experience:

- I like the Ground Control - provides good grip.

- Fast Trak way to narrow in 2.0 and not enough traction on the rear

- The tread on both tyres where gone in an instant

- Lots of punctures on both tyres

- The Ground Control exploded on my rim when I was pumping it up with a floor pump - have never experienced something like this before  :eek:

I tested the Specialized tyres for the good reason that they are the most affordable on the market :-)

Ground control 2.2 front and Fast Track 2.0 on the back.

My personal experience:

- I like the Ground Control - provides good grip.

- Fast Trak way to narrow in 2.0 and not enough traction on the rear

- The tread on both tyres where gone in an instant

- Lots of punctures on both tyres

- The Ground Control exploded on my rim when I was pumping it up with a floor pump - have never experienced something like this before :eek:

Wow that's crazy... complete opposite experience. I'm still running the same front tire since last years epic, did joberg2c and wines to whales with all the nissan's in between (10000km later). No issue, a few plugged punctures where any tire would have punctured. I'm on my 3rd rear tire now... first one wasn't a grid so had a sidewall cut on a training ride. I get about 3000-4000km on a rear tire if you push it a bit.

I guess its also where and how each of us ride and train. Tires are like shoes, the same shoe doesn't work for everyone.

My experience with others...

Maxis - crossmarx doesn't last and gives no grip. Very good sidewall is about all i can give this tire. Believed in these for a long time... how stupid was i... i saw the light

Conti's - very good grip. Race king and mountain kings. Love puncturing! Very soft compound wich makes it great but doesn't last long and lacks durability. Epic rocks... still love these tires however found that the ground controls offer me almost the same experience with lots more.

Schwalbe racing ralph - hmmm.. ok tire. Performs well the first time you use it... then the nobblies dissapear rapidly and it dies. Thin sidewall, snakeskin is a myth. Have 4x of these in my garage almost brand new with sidewall cuts. If you love flushing cash down the drain go for it ????

But like i said... it's like shoes... ????

What do you guys think - is there a good starting time / position or does it not matter at all?

Is the whole field seeded or only the top contenders?

I believe the congestion problem is throughout the whole day.

BTW we are starting 8:20

What do you guys think - is there a good starting time / position or does it not matter at all?

Is the whole field seeded or only the top contenders?

I believe the congestion problem is throughout the whole day.

BTW we are starting 8:20

Was surprised with my start time. I thought they did use seeding.

The early start time is ok, more time to rest and get ready for stage 1.

Looks like we have a little rain on Sunday.

haha you think you are early! 6:58 for me.

They obviously think I won't be threatening the podium  :ph34r:

9:48:20 not sure how I feel about this. Might have a couple of pros making their way past us. 

Prologue times are out.

8:15 start for me.

Haha - awesome.

So at least one team in front not holding us up  :clap:

You can pave the way for us...

Haha - awesome.

So at least one team in front not holding us up  :clap:

You can pave the way for us...

My buddies Craig and Aaron are 1 minute behind you as well. Great Southern Suburbs representation during that time!

Archived