The I-Team

tombeej

Name                                     947 (2014)                            PB                    

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

BouncingBrain

Cadre

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

Fat Boab                                 03:40                        Satellite Classic (80km) 02:50.

eddyr
Firozfx                                      3:33                          R4V 3:07

HappyMartin

Lurch

monkey on a bianchi   3:12                             R4V 3:14

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince

Rob K

Rob Mortimer

Ryan's dad

Sandro

shaper

ScottC-M                         3:40                            Tour Durban 3:07

StevieL

tombeej

wernerhp

Zaskar

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name                                     947 (2014)                            PB                    

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

BouncingBrain

Cadre

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

Fat Boab                                 03:40                        Satellite Classic (80km) 02:50.

eddyr

Firozfx                                      3:33                          R4V 3:07

HappyMartin

Lurch

monkey on a bianchi   3:12                             R4V 3:14

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince

Rob K

Rob Mortimer

Ryan's dad. 3:28. PB 2:57

Sandro

shaper

ScottC-M                         3:40                            Tour Durban 3:07

StevieL

tombeej

wernerhp

Zaskar

Greetings iTeam,

May I share some interesting observations from our Rolling Turns practice with about 15 riders recently.

Everything went well and the main fault we encountered was the rider reacing the front "thinking" they had to now PULL the group, accelerated away and kept opening a gap.

The guy behind now has to really push because he has to overtake the front guy and before you know it - there's chaos.

So very important advice is this.

When reaching the front, you only have to account for there being no draught anymore, SPEED MUST STAY CONSTANT, and it's only until the next rder passes you.

The time to accelerate is when you join the paceline from the back and start passing the draughting riders,

This is very clear on the videos Tombeej has posted.

Go back and watch them - we need to get this right.

Good luck to everyone for Sunday

BarefootDave
Basil Brush
bmw1za
bored_girl
BouncingBrain                                                         Shova 3:19
Cadre
Carpet
CASSIE1975
Diggers
Dirt De Vil
doeffels
Cav
doeffels
Craig 26
eddyr
HappyMartin                                                              Shova 3:11
Lurch
monkey on a bianchi               3:12                             R4V 3:14
morne1600
Patchelicious
Prince
Rob K                                        3:14
Rob Mortimer
Ryan's dad.                               3:28.                          2:57
Sandro                                     3:25
shaper
ScottC-M                                  3:40                            TD  3:07
StevieL                                     3:15                            TD 2:46
tombeej                                    2:58                            TD 2:39
wernerhp                                  3:40

Wez-O
Zaskar

Edited by ScottC-M

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

BouncingBrain                                                         Shova 3:19

Cadre

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

eddyr

HappyMartin                                                              Shova 3:11

Lurch

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince

Rob Mortimer

shaper

ScottC-M                                  3:40                            TD  3:07

StevieL                                     3:15                            TD 2:46

tombeej                                    2:58                            TD 2:39

Wez-O

Zaskar

I feel like I'm playing The Weakest Link, and the presenter keeps looking at me...... :blush:

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

Cadre

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

eddyr

Lurch                                        3:35                           Capital Classic 2015 3:31

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince

Rob Mortimer

shaper

Wez-O

Zaskar

No need to worry Rob, we just need to make sure we wear yellow on the day.......... :whistling:

attachicon.gifyellow.png

no permission needed to use that highly sophisticated, royalty-free, non-copyrighted drawing?  :whistling:  :clap: