Miway insurance claim goes one way

streetfighter

Lucky you - the Santam computer hates me, the quotes I get arent even in the ballpark.

What is your claims history ? This will have the biggest negative effect on your premiums if it's high...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Santam. When I destroyed my frame, they paid me out for a whole new bike. They did this because a replacement frame and rebuild was more than 75% of the cost of a new bike.

I will never move away from them, their premiums are fair and they have never given any hassles with claims in the 15 years I've been with them.

I am also with Santam, but I clarified that my bike insurance only covers theft and not frame damage (wear and tear).How did you manage to get a frame replacement?

I am also with Santam, but I clarified that my bike insurance only covers theft and not frame damage (wear and tear).How did you manage to get a frame replacement?

Are you on a scheme underwritten by Santam or directly with them?

A repaired frame is not putting you in the same position you where before the accident. The frame will be heavier and worth less than before. I would insist on having it replaced.

As far as I am concerned you hit the nail on the head. You pay a premium every month so that when something happens they pay out to such an extent that you are in the same position before what ever incident. Fight them on this, because too many people just take this laying down and niw they think this is the norm and that they will get away with it. It makes my blood boil when people take me for a fool and try to work one over on me. Fight with them, but remember fight with the correct people.

Are you on a scheme underwritten by Santam or directly with them?

I am with them directly AFAIK. (Just had a ridiculous accident with my car and dealt with them directly, but ashamed to admit I am not absolutely certain)

Not sure, when I insured my bikes, they told me I was fully covered. My policy excludes nothing. I'm even insured for racing (which most policies don't cover)

I am with them directly AFAIK. (Just had a ridiculous accident with my car and dealt with them directly, but ashamed to admit I am not absolutely certain)

Sometimes schemes have exclusions on covers just find out via your broker, because if it is specified it's supposed to be covered on all risk basis....

Sometimes schemes have exclusions on covers just find out via your broker, because if it is specified it's supposed to be covered on all risk basis....

That's how I checked - my broker was explicit about not being able to get W&T cover (and they are a very good brokerage in all aspects). That's why I am a bit surprised to read it is possible.

MiWay is Santam. It is Santams direct insurer.

I say this in every insurance related thread, if you want to deal with direct insurers like Miway, iWyze, Outsurance, Dial Direct, King Price etc, please do not moan when you have claims issues. Direct insurers have a vested interest in repudiating claims.

The people saying that you should go to the ombudsman, I wouldn't waste your time, they have offered to repair it, it is probably what they are legally obliged to do. There is a reason Outsurance brags about their 12 in 10000 claims adverts. They usually win at the ombudsman as direct insurer policy wording is water right.

Call an accredited broker. Get a broker to get you the cover you want from the appropriate product. It is also in the brokers interest to get your claim settled as he wants to keep you as a client and will make sure re claim is submitted correctly and will usually fight for you along the claims process.

Miway is not your way... its their way.

They are/were underwritten by CIB and Ive had fun with CIB in the past when I had a crash in my Subaru. They insinuated it was on a track and gave me the run around for 3 weeks and their people coming to my house to interview me with a voice stress thingamajig.

This was back about 6 or 7 years back.

Tell them to Faark the hell off, MiWay, CIB... probably the best thieves of the lot.

Edited by ChUkKy

Write them a letter stating that you will only accept the repair if they give you a written contract stating that they will accept all possible damages caused by the repaired frame failing, including medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, loss of life......... and make them aware that that will run into the millions. Bloody chancers.

wat 'n klap in die gesig vir CWCycles

Good point. Maybe the OP should give Chris Snr a call and try and get his backing. Maybe he can tell MiWay why a repair job will not be good enough.

MiWay are basically saying CWC don't know what they are talking about when it comes to bikes. Overruling CWC is def a slap in the face for them.

Edited by HDW

What is your claims history ? This will have the biggest negative effect on your premiums if it's high...

I have been insured for 15 years (5 of them with Santam), never claimed for anything more than a cracked windscreen.

I have made peace with the fact they don't like me but lets not hijack this thread with my boring story.