Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you must ask yourself how important is Vitality to Strava? Do they care .....

The question is rather whether Strava wants to be part of a huge, international drive to "wellness" or not...this is not just about Discovery.

My rewards requirement was at 1200 the moment I signed up. I signed up because I was under the impression that me reaching my target would enable me to donate Teddy Bears to under privileged children. It's a long story, don't ask. Any way I hit my target easily in a day but have no need or interest in any of the rewards. Still I check and am always pleased when I hit the target. Watching the unclaimed smoothies accumulate and then expire. More fun than Facebook but not by much.

Take a screen shot and post them on the hub :)

Take a screen shot and post them on the hub :)

Many people can reach their target of 1200 in a day at the current points allocation...with the changes coming.....not so much....

Many people can reach their target of 1200 in a day at the current points allocation...with the changes coming.....not so much....

'Aaaargh, there be the rub' as Jack Sparrow said in Hamlet. Bloody Discovery pirates.

Just listened to that chap on the radio...

He is saying "unreliable data and anomalies", so they are working for support for Polar and Suunto. What data does an Apple watch export that is more reliable than an Ambit3? Movescount is so refined, why can't they sync with it like Garmin :( 

I signed up for the rewards program simply because I got tired of the "nagging" from Discovery and realized that I was flushing away points every week.

Score a few smoothies but TBH it is a schlep to collect the rewards. There are no Vida's and Kauai's near where I work so most rewards expire. 

What is grating my cheese at the moment is that I am unable to link my GC account to my Vitality profile... I log into the App, click on Add device/App and click Garmin device. It then asks for permission etc.... I click allow and I get a message saying "Could not get the user object from the device site" ?!?!?

That's all that happens...

Am I missing something?

GC App installed on the phone. S Health connected no issues.

I signed up for the rewards program simply because I got tired of the "nagging" from Discovery and realized that I was flushing away points every week.

Score a few smoothies but TBH it is a schlep to collect the rewards. There are no Vida's and Kauai's near where I work so most rewards expire. 

What is grating my cheese at the moment is that I am unable to link my GC account to my Vitality profile... I log into the App, click on Add device/App and click Garmin device. It then asks for permission etc.... I click allow and I get a message saying "Could not get the user object from the device site" ?!?!?

Am I missing something?

Same boat.

I have had one peanut butter bomb since installing the app. It was amazing!

Yup, I understand that, and what I meant is that it shouldn't be hard to get Strava to integrate the extra field? They must have done quite a lot of integration work initially and one extra flag shouldn't be a huge hassle to send? No?

How many users does strava have? On android alone the downloads are between 5-10MILLION!!!! so lets say double that for iphone and web only users (like me) lets call it 10mil to be on the safe side. From what i can remember disco said they have 130k+- users on vitality rewards. Lets say two thirds uses strava and we down to 85k users that will be affected.

So you say that a company must set aside developer / testing / upgrade time to cater for a group of people less than 0.0085% (if my maths are correct) of their user group. Doubt it, i would also like them to add it but yeah we dont cater for so little percentage.

Same boat.

I have had one peanut butter bomb since installing the app. It was amazing!

Also tried the Peanut Butter Bomb. Nice smoothie! I made a mistake and had a look to see how many calories it was.......  :eek:  840kcal!!

I had it with my lunch....

Besides that, the effort put in to redeem the reward far exceeded the actual pleasure of the reward so from now on the rewards will only be redeemed if the stars align and I happen to have a reward and I am going past a Kauai or Vida...

So i got an apple watch but i dont wear it when i go out cycling, i just dont believe in carrying a 15k phone when i cycle alone (most of the time) and carry a alcheapo just for emergencies.

I use a bryton rider 50. And for me to get the same functionality out of a lets say a garmin will cost me upwards of 7k. Why spend that money when mine works perfectly. Then i rather pay the 5k watch which works out cheaper.

Why didn't they say anything in their press release regarding trying to contact strava to get something working (the same they did with suunto and fitbit) why just say no? and here is my theory, its because they "believe" too many people are cheating, i think they did crap analysis and now sitting to fork out

If you don't carry a phone, how do you connect to Strava?

Also, if you don't use your Apple phone when you train, why did you get one? There are a lot of cheaper watches to tell the time. Just saying...

How many users does strava have? On android alone the downloads are between 5-10MILLION!!!! so lets say double that for iphone and web only users (like me) lets call it 10mil to be on the safe side. From what i can remember disco said they have 130k+- users on vitality rewards. Lets say two thirds uses strava and we down to 85k users that will be affected.

So you say that a company must set aside developer / testing / upgrade time to cater for a group of people less than 0.0085% (if my maths are correct) of their user group. Doubt it, i would also like them to add it but yeah we dont cater for so little percentage.

My gripe is why offer a platform only to have it removed when people find loopholes ?

i use it religiously and with no malice intended.

Rather name and shame and threaten to remove those points gained by cheaters than make everyone suffer.

surely if you roll out a program it has been tried and tested first ??

Edited by jules1976

Am I missing something?

Had same issue on my phone. Did it on my laptop and worked first time. Still haven't uploaded anything yet though Edited by Thor Buttox

My limited project experience with the IT guys would let me guess that the development would be paid for by Disco. Still, if they are serious about getting a cheap, free way of managing the average Joe customer fitness (insert suspicious chortle here) it would probably be the most simple solution for a vast number of Disco clients, as I honestly don't think including a validation field is that hard. Not as hard as say, showing segments on a map of every ride.

Had same issue on my phone. Did it on my laptop and worked first time. Still haven't uploaded anything yet though

Sorted thanks! GC Account is linked  :thumbup:  Stupid App....