Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Dont think Discovery realise how many people will get burned out / overtrained and getting injuries by exercising constantly above 70% and 80% of MHR.

So happy i have not taken the apple watch.

Happy that i have a Polar.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with whatever you're saying but what I'm trying to get at is the fact that strava sends the data to the Health app and discovery pulls the information from that app. So basically my issue is that, if you're using strava via the watch, then it's tracking heartrate and the data is getting sent to the Health app anyway. I don't see how you can cheat that.

When you're using strava via your phone without heartrate then yes, its easy to cheat but not when it's tracking heartrate. Unless I have this all wrong.

Because you can use 1 Bryton and upload the same file to 20 different peoples strava profiles, that would download to Health and they would all get points.

So they have to block strava

Dont think Discovery realise how many people will get burned out / overtrained and getting injuries by exercising constantly above 70% and 80% of MHR.

So happy i have not taken the apple watch.

Happy that i have a Polar.

They won't care, injuries and illness are treated out of your savings. It's chronic ill health that gets them, and this will help that .

Because you can use 1 Bryton and upload the same file to 20 different peoples strava profiles, that would download to Health and they would all get points.

But my strava goes to garmin and then discovery? Silly discovery

ive setup mine now as this as well, have not gone for a ride yet so will see this weekend.

So you tell me its easier for them to reduce everyones input rather then get a newbie in their BI department to write a silly report comparing peoples workouts and check who has the same etc etc.

Other way round, you upload to Garmin Connect which then syncs to Strava. 

Garmin Connect also uploads to Discovery, you don't need Strava for Discovery. 

Other way round, you upload to Garmin Connect which then syncs to Strava. 

Garmin Connect also uploads to Discovery, you don't need Strava for Discovery. 

I think he created a fake GC profile, basically giving discovery the finger if i understand him correctly? dont know how though

Tapiriik

Can you explain, I use Heartmonitor with Strava and do not want to buy a new watch now. Just want to get the training I did onto Discovery.

Not to worry . Used google

Edited by Cheese

Try as I may, I cannot get Vitality to pull my ride data through from Garmin Connect. Spent hours on the phone, a visit to their office in Sandton (where they didn't have internet connection to the PC's in their help centre!!!!!), promised it would be sorted, phoned again, gotten reference numbers, blah blah blah.

This is the problem with living the Vitality life for me: when it works, it's great, but when there's a glitch, you are so badly screwed by their incompetence/system failings that it's enough motivation to stop all their programs entirely  :cursing:

Discovery must have been at the same school as E-Tolls. The difference is that with E-Tolls no-one bought the bullsh! t of amnesty and a reduction of fees for those who register, mainly because we all have experience in dealing with state institutions. Now that they have gotten buy-in from so many members for their 'value added benefits' they can easily move the markers and pull everyone over a barrel. The perception out there is that this was done deliberately to sell Apple watches, seemingly with attractive benefits, only to pull the rug once they have reached their targets.

It would be like  FNB becoming a cellular service provider at competitive rates, only to double their rates with a months' notice.

If Discovery had honourable intentions, they would have offered members some sort of buy-out of their Apple Watch contracts with <say> pay the balance by 2 April for the balance due on the agreement taken into consideration what your average cash back would have been based on your cash back data since you got your watch for the duration of the contract.

Thankfully my wife never got her Apple Watch. She would have been seriously p!ssed off.