Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

What do you ask?

You ask the consultant about this benefit, they will give you some conditions and its done, you will only get this in 2019 FEB

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the following email from Discovery:

"The Vitality programme is designed to encourage and reward our members for living well and taking care of their health.

In order to protect the integrity of this health programme, we do periodic reviews of our members’ points-earning activities. During a recent review of fitness points allocated to Vitality members during 2017, a number of fitness points linked to a fitness device workout were flagged as irregular on your policy.

If you would like to dispute this finding or have any queries about this, please contact vitalityreview_dispute@discovery.co.za. If we do not hear from you before Friday, 16 February 2018, these points will be automatically deducted from your 2017 Vitality points monitor, and your Vitality status will be recalculated.

We encourage you to keep getting healthy to get rewarded.

Discovery Forensics"

WTF! If I dont respond in 2 days they are just going to take my points! They could have at least provided a list of workouts they find "irregular" and the reasoning behind it. Nice and transparent!

Anyone else got this?

**** is getting serious. Going to check my inbox right now.

Any advise on this pls:  During the week I train on my Tacx VR Indoor Trainer at home.  I use my Garmin HR belt to record heartrate and the Tacx software records the speed, distance, climbing in meters, power and cadence.  I have been trying for 3 weeks to get points for these workouts.  I am able to upload the tcx and gpx file to my Garmin Connect but Vitality seems to think I am manually entering this data. What to do?

When training on the my Tacx I don't link the heartrate monitor to the Tacx software or Swift, but rather select indoor cycle on my Garmin watch and then monitor my heartrate on my watch rather than on Swift. This will essentially result in two workouts on Strava for instance, but only the workout on your watch will qualify for points. with Discovery. 

This does however make it painful to track your heartrate at certain power outputs etc. 

If your Garmin (computer, watch, if you own one) is not the original recording device, you won't get any points, no matter how hard you try. They analyse your .fit files, which is inherent to Garmin. 

I once recorded with the Wattbike app, uploaded the TCX file to GC, no points for that workout. 

fitfiletools and change the device, if it is a .fit file

fitfiletools and change the device, if it is a .fit file

Which is only Garmin. Not sure about the other devices ie. TomTom, Suunto, Polar etc?

When training on the my Tacx I don't link the heartrate monitor to the Tacx software or Swift, but rather select indoor cycle on my Garmin watch and then monitor my heartrate on my watch rather than on Swift. This will essentially result in two workouts on Strava for instance, but only the workout on your watch will qualify for points. with Discovery. 

This does however make it painful to track your heartrate at certain power outputs etc. 

Damn, then it makes no sense. 

Perhaps de-link and re-link your account. 

Has anybody gotten activity points this weekend?
I did a run (if you can call what I do running) of about 50 minutes yesterday and only got 50 points for the 5000-9999 steps, and got 0 points for a 3,5 hour road ride this morning.

I did a run (if you can call what I do running) of about 50 minutes yesterday and only got 50 points for the 5000-9999 steps, and got 0 points for a 3,5 hour road ride this morning.

I got my 300 for yesterday's race. I'm using a Tomtom Spark.

They still show the last sync on my Suunto as yesterday... no sync for this mornings ride...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Got points for steps on Saturday but no points for today's(Sunday's) ride yet, even though it has synced to Garmin Connect and Strava already.

No points for me either.

6 hours yesterday and 1 hour today.

App shows last sync was yesterday

Website says they are aware of the issue and are "working" on it. They suggest a link / delink

I see when I opened the app now to see the last sync that it says I have no Discovery products, so they seem to have more wide spread issues.

Long as they fix it and don’t screw with my activity streak.

I wonder if we will all get mails saying there’s something that doesn’t look right with our data and they will adjust (upwards) accordingly... ;)

Wife’s profile says “points not calculated”.

Mine says “No devices linked to the account.”.

Will wait for tomorrow when the Disco nerds/geeks are back at work before sending a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife’s allocated yesterday’s but not Saturday. This Vitality lark is becoming a balls up!

I’m still waiting for points for Sunday’s Midmar Mile. Saturday’s show, not Sunday.

Having done the 8 Mile, I also only get points for one event per day, nothing cumulative. This doesn’t worry me too much as I usually go over the 30k points by July/August. I may just battle with the smoothie goals.

Edited by Jigghead