Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I only saw the points to miles conversion in January this year, so I’m sure I’ve missed the opportunity.

If not a missed opportunity, then I’ll call and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I queried why I have not been awarded any vitality points to discovery miles and after some investigation was advised that I am a high claimer on the medical aid criteria calculation.... 

https://www.discovery.co.za/email_za/mailers/pdfs/general/tables_dhms_points_to_miles.pdf

I meet the criteria for spend with the discovery card, so all good there.

As of today am currently sitting on 116 consecutive weeks of reaching my vitality goals, which shows that I do not get ill and even if I do I still manage to hit my goals.

Last year I suffered 2 ITB injuries (running related) and 1 rotator cuff injury (swimming) which are probably a result of over training (so am fit and healthy triathlete/cyclist).  Discovery says that I claimed R13000 last year which puts me in the category of high claimer.

However the majority of that amount was for physio (I saw a doctor on 2 occasions that were medical related) for the above injuries and all was covered and paid for out of my own medical savings account (so did not cost discovery anything), yet I am classed as a high claimer!!! 

Outcome, no points to miles awarded !!

Anyone else got the same?

I have yet to investigate my case, but I fear that it would be somewhat the same. I had my wisdom teeth taken out last year, and I get a set of contact lenses twice a year, which also puts me into the high claimant category, despite it saying dental/optometry is excluded. Need to spend some more time digging before drawing any firm conclusions.

I only saw the points to miles conversion in January this year, so I’m sure I’ve missed the opportunity.

If not a missed opportunity, then I’ll call and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was also told you had to apply for this conversion before the end of January (which have not seen written anywhere, but was told it when querying).  Fortunately I had applied for it before then... but seems as per my post earlier will not qualify anyway!

Yeah, I had the same issue. Took a dirt nap in November and ended up claiming about R33k so no points to miles for me.

In my opinion points to miles is just a lot of hot air. On my hospital plan (esential core), R7500.00 and higher pa puts you in the high claimer category. That is about half a day in hospital per year. Ridiculous!

Ho Hum, more fun and games with Discovery... so I queried when my shoe booster will be finishing as a while ago I inquired and was told 3 March which I noted in my diary.  As it shows still active and I need some new shoes, I queried again today and have now been told it will only finish on the 25 April after the last payment cycle!!... and anyway you cannot do shoe booster at the moment as they will be launching the shoe/watch/bike booster on 16 March and only after then will it be active for 2018.

Anyone (Myles :whistling: ) know if you can cancel an activated booster benefit?

With Device booster and Bike booster being added this year to the existing Shoe booster benefit, of which you may only have one active at a time, is it possible to cancel an active shoe booster to take up a device booster instead? I see no reason why not as it doesn't cost Vitality anything, they simply stop repaying you every month for the benefit you've cancelled.

Device booster will be launched "towards the end of March" according to an email I just received.

It also provides the answer to my question above:

"If you'd like to activate a new booster benefit as soon as we launch these towards the end of March, and have already activated Shoe Booster, you will be able to cancel your existing Shoe Booster benefit in the Discovery app and forfeit the remaining cash backs as only one booster benefit is available during a 12-month period."

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/fitness-booster

Would it be safe to assume that the Apple watch does not fall under the device booster benefit given that I have both the shoe booster and the Apple watch benefit running together at the moment?  :wacko:

Plan on canning the shoe booster for a boosted device :)

Device Booster - you can buy an Edge 520 for R6999 at Sportsmans or dont do booster and buy for R5149 at Easy Bike  :huh:
*Keeping the T's & C's in mind

Edited by The Ghost

Device Booster - you can buy an Edge 520 for R6999 at Sportsmans or dont do booster and buy for R5149 at Easy Bike  :huh:

*Keeping the T's & C's in mind

So you'd rather pay 5149 than potentially (if you make your targets) nothing?  

So you'd rather pay 5149 than potentially (if you make your targets) nothing?  

I believe there is a limit of R4000 on devices (yet to be confirmed) but if so then not totally free.... still cheaper though if you hit all you goals

They say you get up to 75% back on devices, haven't seen anything about a limit..... yet.

It just grates my balls that I'm told that I have to shop at a more expensive place!

I think the 75% refers to the amount after the 25% healthy gear cash back is deducted i.e. 25% back from Health gear + 75% back from device booster = 100%

Seem to remember reading about a limit of R5000 but could have been R4000

Edited by wolver