Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

On 2/4/2022 at 3:44 PM, TheoG said:

I also had a number of time when my points was not picked up.  Didn't need to phone them, just sent an email with the details and proof of the exercise and a few days later its fixed.

why can't they just accept a .fit file? makes sense to me...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

why can't they just accept a .fit file? makes sense to me...

I normally just take a screen shot on my phone in Polar Flow and they happy with that.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There's no way to manipulate the HR data in FitFileTools, so there's no benefit.

I also don't see the point doing that, you will only be bull shlting yourself if you do/want to do so.

Just used one of the holiday R250 Sportsmans vouchers, the 25% upfront Sports Gear discount and all my Discovery Miles to buy my mom a Garmin 45S; much easier than I thought it would be :)
Now to hope I can still use the Fitness Device reward next month on a similar watch for my dad.

Their Tomtoms are basically falling apart at this point.

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Just used one of the holiday R250 Sportsmans vouchers, the 25% upfront Sports Gear discount and all my Discovery Miles to buy my mom a Garmin 45S; much easier than I thought it would be :)
Now to hope I can still use the Fitness Device reward next month on a similar watch for my dad.

Their Tomtoms are basically falling apart at this point.

Surely they would have used the device reward towards the 45S though, it is a device and not gear?

6 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Surely they would have used the device reward towards the 45S though, it is a device and not gear?

I could very likely have done something wrong, but when you go to generate the voucher in the app, I had to choose between the three options - Sports gear and equipment, Fitness Device, or Nike Performance Gear, then once you confirm your selection it gives you a normal voucher code to enter on the site.

I have never looked at this thread until today . Im Discovery Comprehensive Classic plan and have never thought of chaining /accumulating Vitality points the reason being i only ride for health reasons  and dont participate in races . I do between 900 to 1200 km per month and use my Garmin to record data . I have a HR monitor but dont use it . (should  i) . Can i join Vitality and is it easy and worth while . Excuse my ignorance on the subject but im a chalk and black board user for all other written matters 😃

56 minutes ago, FirstV8 said:

I have never looked at this thread until today . I'm Discovery Comprehensive Classic plan and have never thought of chaining /accumulating Vitality points the reason being i only ride for health reasons  and don't participate in races . I do between 900 to 1200 km per month and use my Garmin to record data . I have a HR monitor but don't use it . (should  i) . Can i join Vitality and is it easy and worth while . Excuse my ignorance on the subject but im a chalk and black board user for all other written matters 😃

It all depends on what other Disco products you have and what benefit you will get by being on vitality and getting to Diamond status each year. 

Example i have life products with integrator payback, the payback amount is based on my vitality status and works out to serious money if I'm on diamond.

I'm not with their bank other than their CC - I certainly don't need a Med aid company telling me how to run my financial affairs - so I cannot comment on any benefit there may be in terms of banking

It will have zero benefit on your Med Aid plan - I'm on the same as you.

I have also recently for the first time used the fitness gear discount + a vitality voucher i got and saved about 1400 ronds on a heart rate strap

Lots of free coffees and a couple (2 or 3) of cheap flights over the last 20 years

If it wasn't for the life products I have, I would have dumped vitality years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else having issues getting Sportmans' vouchers? 

Showing as currently unavailable for the last 3 days...

2 hours ago, Matu said:

anyone else having issues getting Sportmans' vouchers? 

Showing as currently unavailable for the last 3 days...

There are only X amount of vouchers available per time period. I'm not sure if it's a calendar month or not. You just have to wait for the next allocation which may or may not be tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, HenryS said:

There are only X amount of vouchers available per time period. I'm not sure if it's a calendar month or not. You just have to wait for the next allocation which may or may not be tomorrow.

Ahhaa!!! thanks for this info!!!