Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im reading it but it just says that I need to achieve my goals weekly. Is there a specific area I should read? sorry for all the questions but I have only been completing 1 reward a week and want to better this and get more points hence the questions

Everyone only gets 1 reward a week, currently a smoothie or coffee... to get more, you need to have a team or become part of a team.

Also if you are on Discovery insure then you can get smoothie/coffee rewards for driving without incident... and yes you need to read the Discovery Insure webpage to understand that.

Whilst you may have questions because you have not bothered to read the thread or webpage... also the fact that your questions have been asked many times and repeatedly answered... so whilst it might look like a lot of pages to read... I could almost guarantee that if you go back as little as 5 or 6 pages you will find most of your answers

What your weekly goal are you can see on the discovery app, how to attain those goals... by a quick look under Vitality Active rewards... you would land here https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/active-rewards

and you will find this info on the page which answers most of the questions you are asking https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/vitality_active_rewards_faqs.pdf

Then there's the flight savings - up to 35% off all Kulula / BA / Emirates / Qantas flights, upfront, depending on your Vitality Status. You can increase the Kulula local flight discount to 100% depending on how many "Vitality Active Rewards" you hit between the booking date and the time of departure. 5% additional discount for each weekly goal you hit, subject to a minimum of 4 weekly goals (ie you only earn additional discount if you've achieved at least 4 goals between booking and departure) This discount does not apply to airport taxes, unfortunately.

Hi Myles, any idea when this will be kicking in? I booked flights recently with the intention of it being a good motivator, but now it see it's still "Coming Soon".

thousand apologies for the hijack

Team Vitality Cycling Shirts - New

hubmarket-29883-0-15276700-1454999059_me

Brand new Team Vitality Shirts

2 x Large

1 x Extra Small

R300 each ex postage

0827814176[/quote

Is the price negotiable? And what's postage cost. Interested in the 2 X Large ones.

I *think* it's active from 1st March. Need to check though.

Okay cool, would that apply to already booked flights, or only flights booked after it's launched?

Also, speedy reply on a Sunday afternoon, props! 

Okay cool, would that apply to already booked flights, or only flights booked after it's launched?

Also, speedy reply on a Sunday afternoon, props!

Lol. How to Train Your Dragon on the telly...

Not entirely sure, tbh. Need to check it.

Hey guys, anyone else having an issue where you upload your device workouts to garmin connect but they do not reflect in your active rewards? 

Since the 1st Feb i have not got any active reward points from my garmin, i get gym visits BUT a gym visit is 100 points, and i need to get 1200 points a week to hit my goal, cant do that at the moment :(

On the discovery page i can still see that my garmin connect account is linked and active.

Hey guys, anyone else having an issue where you upload your device workouts to garmin connect but they do not reflect in your active rewards? 

Since the 1st Feb i have not got any active reward points from my garmin, i get gym visits BUT a gym visit is 100 points, and i need to get 1200 points a week to hit my goal, cant do that at the moment :(

On the discovery page i can still see that my garmin connect account is linked and active.

My wife is having the same issue.

Except whenever she click on see linked devices it bombs out in the app and on website.

My wife is having the same issue.

Except whenever she click on see linked devices it bombs out in the app and on website.

I have tried linking mapmyfitness to discovery and no joy, just not getting points from my device.

I called discovery and you can send them an email (fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za) tell them the issue, send them proof that you did the workouts you are saying, they wanted  a screenshot from garmin connect (i sen them all my *.fit files for the last two weeks), but there is no ref number, so you just wait to see if the load the points and fix the issue.

I saw you guys training on saturday morning :) did the 27 for freedom walk out in paarl, you guys doing nice training 2 by 2 :)

Also no activities since 1 Feb.  That includes 3 races and countless long rides.

Couple of mails sent with no reply.

Starting to think this Vitality thing is just a bunch of clever actuaries taking the piss at Jan-allerman to make more money.

So in ONE month I have racked up my 30 000 activity points.  Done all the online assessments, declarations, questionnaires warra warra. 

Gives me 41500 points.

And that is now that.  That is as far as I am going to get.  Unless I pay some dude in a white coat to stick his finger up my ass for a couple of extra points that is not going to get me anywhere.

Scam of epic proportion.  This this I pay R3,228 A YEAR.

F($#*$#.....that could have paid for one of my upgrades on the bike. 

Hahhahahahaha.

Lesson learnt.

So in ONE month I have racked up my 30 000 activity points.  Done all the online assessments, declarations, questionnaires warra warra. 

Gives me 41500 points.

And that is now that.  That is as far as I am going to get.  Unless I pay some dude in a white coat to stick his finger up my ass for a couple of extra points that is not going to get me anywhere.

Hahhahahahaha.

Lesson learnt.

My understanding is that you can only get so many vitality points from activities (fair enough), however this would not limit you from getting reward points from activities.

Gives me 41500 points.

Hahhahahahaha.

Lesson learnt.

Spinnekop, what other Discovery products do you have?

As for the rest - go to Clicks / Dischem and get an HIV & screening test done. That'll get you to Gold instantly.

As many, many others have said - the rewards are worth it, and if you're a Discovery Life policyholder, there's even more reason to get to Gold status. Reduced premium increases, increased benefit increases, more Payback every 5 years from your policy and so on. 

Then there are the partner store discounts, flight discounts, gym discounts and healthy food etc etc.

I'd recommend a sit down with your broker to actually help you understand this product properly. At the moment, it seems as if all you're doing is racking up points with no clear intention of actually USING the product. 

I stumbled across this on the website the other day

I am a ‘Discovery Life’ client

I use the ‘Vitality Active Rewards’

I am not sure if or how that relates to the ‘Vitality Active Rewards for Life’

And I don’t know if the two are linked through the ‘Active Integrator’ mentioned on the Discovery Life webpage.

As a Discovery Life client, by linking your policy with Vitality Active Rewards for Life through the Active Integrator, you get a number of additional benefits

post-615-0-18603900-1455527261_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat