Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

30000 target points met on Vitality already. and receiving full point allocation on Vitality active which gives me two smoothies per week for our group effort. Easy  

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there is some issues with the cash back payments for races, so don't expect any R's in your account soon.

Myles, I stumbled upon "vitality active for life" Where it says a different app and more smoothies, also a 15% decrease in premiums and if I reach my goal 40 times a 1% decrease year on year?

Whats the deal on this bad boy? And why are these things launched so secretly? Feels like a game of hide and seek with discovery.

Looks like that is only for the guys who does not have the "normal" vitality linked to the medical aid , but rather has a Life policy through Disc only

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/life_vitality_active_rewards_faq.pdf

Myles, I stumbled upon "vitality active for life" Where it says a different app and more smoothies, also a 15% decrease in premiums and if I reach my goal 40 times a 1% decrease year on year?

Whats the deal on this bad boy? And why are these things launched so secretly? Feels like a game of hide and seek with discovery.

Looks like that is only for the guys who does not have the "normal" vitality linked to the medical aid , but rather has a Life policy through Disc only

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/life_vitality_active_rewards_faq.pdf

Read somewhere that the Apple watch only works with the iPhones....?

You need an iPhone to get the full benefit of the Apple watch, you also need a discovery credit card to "buy" the watch.

One of my friends have one and is very impressed with it.

What do you want to use it for?

I have the V800 and love the unit. V800 is the big brother of the M400.

cancel that.  gonna try the apple watch linked to strava instead now.  see how it works out.  getting the watch for free if i reach me weekly goals for 24months.

I honestly believe the people at vitality thumbsucked the points allocation 

Running

600 for a 10km race on 15 Jan

200 for a 42km race on 20 Feb

Do they really think a marathon is easier than a 10k? 

I honestly believe the people at vitality thumbsucked the points allocation 

Running

600 for a 10km race on 15 Jan

200 for a 42km race on 20 Feb

Do they really think a marathon is easier than a 10k? 

Im guessing that you used HR on the one and not on the other?

Either way you can still claim the point for "sporting events"

Off topic how was that wind during the Buffs!!

Im guessing that you used HR on the one and not on the other?

Either way you can still claim the point for "sporting events"

Off topic how was that wind during the Buffs!!

that is the allocated outdoor event points 

*Buffs was tough. the new route is great but running uphill into a 30kt wind is no joke. that section between Greenfields PnP and the Cove rock turn off was straight out of Hell. Guy in front of me got blown into those deep gutters at the Airport lodge. 

that is the allocated outdoor event points 

*Buffs was tough. the new route is great but running uphill into a 30kt wind is no joke. that section between Greenfields PnP and the Cove rock turn off was straight out of Hell. Guy in front of me got blown into those deep gutters at the Airport lodge. 

Why do people keep on running, bad for the joint. I agree, the longer the run the more damage you do. Good job discovery :P 

Hey man, 

it's for Disco Life policyholders who don't want the full benefit of Vitality. Essentially, a watered down Vitality Integration benefit, with access to the watch.  

You don't want it.

Hey man, 

it's for Disco Life policyholders who don't want the full benefit of Vitality. Essentially, a watered down Vitality Integration benefit, with access to the watch.  

You don't want it.

Thanks!

(From the other thread but discovery related)

Mailed discovery as I have been plonking things onto my policy for three years now, asked them to look if there is not possibly a saving on my policy renewal this year. 

Got 10% off my total premiums and increased cover on my bike.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the 25% or 50% cash back on the entry fee once you have completed the event and listed it under the "Claim points for outdoor activity"?

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the 25% or 50% cash back on the entry fee once you have completed the event and listed it under the "Claim points for outdoor activity"?

The answer is somewhere here:

5. How does the cash back work?
A big benefit of being a Team Vitality member is qualifying for cash backs on certain events on the Team Vitality race calendar. In order to redeem your cash backs, please make sure that you self-claim your OSE (Outdoor Sporting Events) points online after each event by selecting the type of event you took part in, inputting your finish time and race number. You have three months after the race in which to upload your race details on the outdoor sporting events to qualify for cash back. We pay your cash back on the pre-registration fee for an event on the Team Vitality race calendar. If you earned R50 cash back or less, we will accumulate it for you and pay it out at the end of the month when the total is more than R50 or at the end of 6 months, depending on what comes first. You will not always receive cash back during the month you participated in the event as we have to receive confirmation from the timing company first and this can take up to two weeks. In addition to this please note that if an event takes place towards the end of the month and we get the timing data the following month, members will only be reimbursed after the monthly calculations have been processed. This may have implications for the financial limits (maximum amount of money paid per quarter) on the cash backs per quarter.