Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

It's not about the rewards for me and as I have said , anyone doing a reasonable amount of training will still hit targets. However , when choosing a company to invest in for my families health , I would prefer to not do business with a company that suckers people in and then moves the goal posts in such a dramatic fashion. Agree a more tiered approach would be acceptable. To more than double the required time/effort factor is strange.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought of an easier way... if you can upload your bryton any of the options using tapriik  https://tapiriik.com/

Sync that to Strava via Tapriik

Create a Garmin account (even if you do not own a garmin)

Sync your Strava with the fake Garmin account

Then sync Vitality with the Garmin Account.

Edit: You can link both Strava and Garmin to Vitality, so one of them will get picked up for the points

Pretty sure strava garmin sync only works Garmin->strava and not strava->garmin...

The difference is that your heart beats like crazy, mine doesn't.

I'm going to have to come and chase you to get it to 80%.

Like Wade and Marco are doing now [emoji39][emoji23]

Edit: it's actually the other way round. I'm chasing them

Edited by geraldm24

Like Wade and Marco are doing now [emoji39][emoji23]

Edit: it's actually the other way round. I'm chasing them

I have a better idea, I'll just drop my Garmin in your pocket and collect it from you later.

Can't reach Wade's pocket.

I have a better idea, I'll just drop my Garmin in your pocket and collect it from you later.

Can't reach Wade's pocket.

The rules have changed... you need HR data to get points, otherwise the 100 points for speed is all you get.  :w00t:

The rules have changed... you need HR data to get points, otherwise the 100 points for speed is all you get.  :w00t:

Can just pair my Garmin to your HR Strap  :devil:

Can anyone see if they'll still support Suunto devices via Mapmyfitness? Or even strava?

The fitness devices and apps adidas miCoach, Moves, RunKeeper, Strava and MapMyFitness and Timex will be removed

Email just came through:

The problem with unverified physical activity is that it rewards incorrect behaviour and ultimately, people end up cheating themselves.

Based on this, in order to minimise the potential for gaming and abuse which is occurring through the use of unverified physical activity, refinements will be made to how you can earn Vitality points. These revisions include the Vitality race events we recognise, as well as the Vitality linked fitness devices and apps you can use to track your daily activity, with an emphasis on verified physical activity and improved data accuracy to support this.

But no mention of an enormous reduction in points achieved. Sneaky sneaky, I don't like it.

The fitness devices and apps adidas miCoach, Moves, RunKeeper, Strava and MapMyFitness and Timex will be removed

Per discovery:

The fitness devices and apps adidas miCoach, Moves, RunKeeper, Strava and MapMyFitness and Timex either do not distinguish between third party data or self-reported data, or utilize an unreliable integration. These apps compromise the accuracy and verifiability of the fitness data we receive, so we will no longer allocate Vitality fitness points for using these apps from 2 April 2016.

So just to vent a bit.

My wife is a stay at home mom and looks after our two kids. She does walk but never more than an hour. She has the Apple Watch. But now the goal posts have moved. I am not sure she will reach her goals what with running after the kids. What are the chances I can return the watch?

Also I commute to work 4 days a week and easy get 300 points for the 22km ride. Although less than an hour. So to reach my goal of 950 is easy. Now I will only get 100 points. Commuting to work and back in one day only counts as one activity. Weekends are for family time so I am screwed.

Discovery moving the goal posts have screwed many a people. Not exactly fair or ethical really. Entice you with watch and easy goals and then up the goals when you are tied in. What to do???