Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

On the Apple watch reliability: Two hour squash session on Friday... average heart rate of 80bpm - Man this Vitality has made me fit :whistling:

I asked the wife if she had any problems with her watch.

The reply was "Yes, it showed 90bpm but I was sweating like a pig, so I paused it, then started again and it jumped up to 158bpm." She got 300 points for her 45 min workout, including those problematic first few minutes.

So I asked her if she has a problem with the watch who should she go to. The answer was "iStore!".

I asked, "what about Discovery?"

She said, "But you bought it at the iStore."

Long story short, make sure your software/firmware/updates are up to date, check the tightness of the strap and make sure the watch is not moving around on your arm.

If all else fails... Check with the iStore.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, BH. An opinion is only valid if it is based on sound principles. Carpet's assertions were based on incorrect data. Therefore invalid. 

But what makes you think every opinion is based on sound principles Myles.....because you say so it has to be sound (the collective you)

Unless any of us are working for Discovery and have all the facts before us.....nothing is sound.....you have been pretty aggressive today I must add....but I know somewhere along the line we all see the tip of the iceberg and laugh about it.....

Barhugger. Repeat after me. Think about it. 

You (collective here) buy the item from Apple. They are the ones who sell it. You FINANCE it through your Discovery Credit card, for which you apply online. Tick a couple boxes, agree to pay the R 350 activation fee, and BAM - that's it - financed. Subject to reading those pesky terms and conditions, which you probably didn't read in the first place 'cos OMG APPLE WATCH!!!

As far as Apple are concerned (the store itself) they couldn't give a rats arse where the money comes from - they get it upon sale of the item. Therefore, the purchase was with them. 

The FINANCE arrangement was the 24 month no interest credit arrangement with Discovery. Discovery Credit Card division. 

VITALITY Active Rewards will supplement that finance arrangement you signed up to, subject to the meeting of certain goals, which are tailored to YOU. 

Is it now clear?

Quoting this because some people might need to read it twice.

But what makes you think every opinion is based on sound principles Myles.....because you say so it has to be sound (the collective you)

Unless any of us are working for Discovery and have all the facts before us.....nothing is sound.....you have been pretty aggressive today I must add....but I know somewhere along the line we all see the tip of the iceberg and laugh about it.....

Would you be chilled 248 pages into a thread you promote to assist people on a subject you indirectly represent, so that you make it easier for the community to get their ideas and focus around on a subject you yourself have agreed has been changed too far past the benchmark, but well within the rules of the rewards program, to somehow provide some service to anyone who posts here, only to come up against a constant barrage of noise trying to nitpick every possible angle from a select crew of posters? I'm surprised by the level of patience Myles has shown thusfar! 

People are spending soo much time complaining across the various social media platforms about the apple watch hr, if only they took the same time to research it before going into the deal they would have realized that it's not an all out training tool...

something I've personally been saying since day 1. 

Would you be chilled 248 pages into a thread you promote to assist people on a subject you indirectly represent, so that you make it easier for the community to get their ideas and focus around on a subject you yourself have agreed has been changed too far past the benchmark, but well within the rules of the rewards program, to somehow provide some service to anyone who posts here, only to come up against a constant barrage of noise trying to nitpick every possible angle from a select crew of posters? I'm surprised by the level of patience Myles has shown thusfar! 

He does not have to.........people are complaining and unless he works for Discovery then surely there is no need to defend them......everyone has been very appreciative of his input regarding certain questions....but we can't just sit up and say "complainers will always be complainers and they are simply getting on a bandwagon"

It's about time people stand up and raise their issues.....if not these corporates will keep milking us from end to end making us feel as if they are doing us a favour.....

Oh.......I have no gripe with Myles.....I have always found him to be quite informative and a pleasure to debate with and talk to...... 

if all opinions were based on sound principles, the world would be a better place.

sadly, in today's world of endless information it seems to be a dying breed. Vaccine denialists, Climate change deniers, homeopathy and "complementary medicine" and so on. 

Fact of the matter is that on that one post of Carpet's, her opinion was not defensible as it wasn't based on fact. As soon as it is based on fact, it becomes defensible, and I will debate it. If not, I'll dismiss it out of hand and treat it like it should be treated. 

Oh.......I have no gripe with Myles.....I have always found him to be quite informative and a pleasure to debate with and talk to...... 

likewise, and thanks. Feeling is mutual. 

Oh. Doped up on flu meds and feel as if a rhino is sitting on my head... as you were - I should probably be asleep, but fomo

Edited by Myles Mayhew

if all opinions were based on sound principles, the world would be a better place.

But they aren't so we are back to the good old world of an opinion is an opinion is an opinion....the sky is blue.....not it's not.....the grass is green.....no it's not.......

likewise, and thanks. Feeling is mutual. 

Oh. Doped up on flu meds and feel as if a rhino is sitting on my head... as you were - I should probably be asleep, but fomo

Hahaha.....fomo....it has us all by the short and curly's....... :thumbup:

But they aren't so we are back to the good old world of an opinion is an opinion is an opinion....the sky is blue.....not it's not.....the grass is green.....no it's not.......

fecking libtards and their social justice warrior offspring.

Oh, I'm human - my opinion is worth something! No, it's not. Feck off, you delicate wallflower.