Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Disco App says Garmin synced successfully but no sign of any points for rides...

I've just sent them screen shots of my last three workouts because the data did not make it to Discovery. I've even achieved over 10K steps on some days recently that have not been noted. As I mentioned earlier, I've only got about 3K points to go before retaining Diamond, but it's the watch that I now have to pay for.

Anyone want to buy an Apple Watch while I'm at it? I never use the thing and it's just gathering dust. I'll even throw in a water proof casing that costs around R900 as part of the deal. Make an offer, you know you want to....  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

EDIT: Clarifying the device for sale

Edited by Jigghead

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice if Disco would consider addressing their known app issues. Non synchronisation with Disco approved devices is nothing new yet it is still not addressed. Fortunately I never fell for the apple watch dangle.

No issues from Discovery for me this week.. just got 1500 points for Durban Ironman 70.3 :)

Will enjoy my rest and recovery week topped off with a smoothie or two !!

I've just sent them screen shots of my last three workouts because the data did not make it to Discovery. I've even achieved over 10K steps on some days recently that have not been noted. As I mentioned earlier, I've only got about 3K points to go before retaining Diamond, but it's the watch that I now have to pay for.

Anyone want to buy an Apple Watch while I'm at it? I never use the thing and it's just gathering dust. I'll even throw in a water proof casing that costs around R900 as part of the deal. Make an offer, you know you want to....  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

EDIT: Clarifying the device for sale

I'll offer, 2 smoothies and a cup of coffee? (all payable in vouchers)

activities from this morning have come through but still nothing from Sunday and yesterday.

Also sent a mail to them now so lets see. Then just need 1 gym swipe to collect smoothies and I am done for the week...

activities from this morning have come through but still nothing from Sunday and yesterday.

Also sent a mail to them now so lets see. Then just need 1 gym swipe to collect smoothies and I am done for the week...

Yes.....we know......it's a smoothie game......kry vir jou ń suigstokkie......

http://www.aeliadutyfree.fr/media/image/1200x/aelia-duty-free-chupa%20chups-chupa-chups-mega-chup-avec-15-sucettes-86211-fr-86211-2-2.jpg

Response to mail sent to escalations about missing polar and garmin recorded workouts received from fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za:

Thank you for your email regarding your points not pulling through.

Please send us the screenshots of workouts in question so we can investigate your query and allocate points for qualifying workouts.

We require the screenshots that include the following:

• Dates
  • Type of event
  • Duration
  • Heart rate, speed, distance, etc.

Ensure the date appears in full and not only the day of the week. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I said no, if you stop wasting time requesting data to fix individual errors and just fix the feed you would not have queries like this.

I'm over this rewards programme now. And when my life payout matures in September I think I'll be over Discovery completely.

Response to mail sent to escalations about missing polar and garmin recorded workouts received from fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za:

Thank you for your email regarding your points not pulling through.

Please send us the screenshots of workouts in question so we can investigate your query and allocate points for qualifying workouts.

We require the screenshots that include the following:

• Dates
  • Type of event
  • Duration
  • Heart rate, speed, distance, etc.

Ensure the date appears in full and not only the day of the week. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I said no, if you stop wasting time requesting data to fix individual errors and just fix the feed you would not have queries like this.

I'm over this rewards programme now. And when my life payout matures in September I think I'll be over Discovery completely.

Its typical of them. Rather than accepting there is an issue they would rather fix individual poeple's issue and in the progress maybe issue a couple of hundred less smoothies and make a few people pay for their watches for the week.

I personally send them a tweet and commented on their FB page asking them if they are aware of the issues, no response from them.

Its typical of them. Rather than accepting there is an issue they would rather fix individual poeple's issue and in the progress maybe issue a couple of hundred less smoothies and make a few people pay for their watches for the week.

I personally send them a tweet and commented on their FB page asking them if they are aware of the issues, no response from them.

They are aware, phoned me yesterday. It's posted on the site hidden under device issues. If you look hard enough you can find it. Rather than posting under rewards or vitality known issues.

Anyone do Parkrun this past weekend that still has not had the points for that come through?

Usually this has come through on the day shortly after getting the results....

EDIT: Just so that the full scope of the sync issues is understood to be more than just Garmin\Polar etc

Edited by Tubehunter

You can email till you blue in the face, all you get is a polite response but nothing comes of it, even if you follow up on that polite email, you just get another reply.  They also claim to pull through any events that are Roag (eg) timed events, yet ive done 2 such events and no points for either. 

They are aware, phoned me yesterday. It's posted on the site hidden under device issues. If you look hard enough you can find it. Rather than posting under rewards or vitality known issues.

I once came across that but couldnt remember where that was.

I sent them the links to my Garmin Connect and they replied saying they are not permitted to open links due to security concerns. So I took some screen shots and sent them 30MB file with the relevant information. That should clog up their server for a little bit at least. 

On an aside note, they must be doing something right, I advertised my Apple Watch on Gumtree and none other than Michael Jackson contacted me to see if it was still available. He even offered to add R2,000 to the price for shipping. What a lekker guy  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

I sent them the links to my Garmin Connect and they replied saying they are not permitted to open links due to security concerns. So I took some screen shots and sent them 30MB file with the relevant information. That should clog up their server for a little bit at least.

On an aside note, they must be doing something right, I advertised my Apple Watch on Gumtree and none other than Michael Jackson contacted me to see if it was still available. He even offered to add R2,000 to the price for shipping. What a lekker guy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Sounds like my theory that Gumtree is an online ouija board is legit

Sounds like my theory that Gumtree is an online ouija board is legit

Agreed, although the happy owner of my Apple Watch just collected and paid cash. Sold in a morning. Gotta know who to take seriously. I always offer to meet at the nearest police station and those who are for real agree, Michael Jackson would rather have paid R2K in shipping.