Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swiped the other day. Didn't even both to go through the turnstile. Just handed over card, turned around. Smiled and Waved.

Absolutely no need to feel bad after the many hours we put in on the bike. We earn it week after week.

Got in an 80 min ride yesterday. Average heart rate 142. Measured on a Fenix 3.

Discovery only gave me 100 pts for speed data only. Now I'm 200 points short of 900 target for this week .

What do I do?

Yesterday I went for a 6km walk with my wife was was awarded 100 points. It took around 50mins.

Today, I go for a spinning class and work pretty hard, for over and hour and get 100 points. I'm still battling with this rating system here.

Discovery only gave me 100 pts for speed data only. Now I'm 200 points short of 900 target for this week .

What do I do?

Pop in by the gym

Wave and smile

100 down, 100 to go.....

Pop in by the gym

Wave and smile

100 down, 100 to go.....

Yeah. Will pop in later. But then still 100 points short. Which means I need to get a 300 pt session in today somehow. 30 min vigorous exercise

Yeah. Will pop in later. But then still 100 points short. Which means I need to get a 300 pt session in today somehow. 30 min vigorous exercise

Yip

Best strategy

Have a coffee, down a banana and hit it ????

What do I do?

Not sure if you're questioning only getting 100 points for your 142bpm workout, or want to know how to get 200 points.

For those of us that don't know you, it's better to post your bpm as a % of the Discovery max, i.e. 142 / (220 - age).

30-90 mins at 70-79% = 100 points

30-89 mins at >80% = 300 points.

So, if you were expecting 300 points, and didn't get it, it's because you are 42 years old or younger, or you fell short by 10 mins. If you have an average of 142bpm, I doubt it's because your HR was recorded with a valid device... Garmin is approved.

Not sure if you're questioning only getting 100 points for your 142bpm workout, or want to know how to get 200 points.

For those of us that don't know you, it's better to post your bpm as a % of the Discovery max, i.e. 142 / (220 - age).

30-90 mins at 70-79% = 100 points

30-89 mins at >80% = 300 points.

So, if you were expecting 300 points, and didn't get it, it's because you are 42 years old or younger, or you fell short by 10 mins. If you have an average of 142bpm, I doubt it's because your HR was recorded with a valid device... Garmin is approved.

I see. Age 40. So scored 78.9% of max. Should have just rode for 10 min more.

Just wear your device whilst you get busy with the Mrs, and hope you can hold on for 30 mins?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

@Myles, my 20min power threshold test didn't get me an average that high. And I vomited after the effort. Age:40.

I've got a mate who finishes in the top 20 in all MTB races he enters and he cannot meet his Disco goals due to the stupid way Disco measure effort. Debated to death here already. Of course those who have naturally high HR data don't understand.

What do I do?

So seems you were a bit short so resolved. However there are issues sometimes with points allocations. Simply email vitality with a link to the exercise and they fix it chop chop. I have at least two a month they allocate 100 too when it should be 300.

@Myles, my 20min power threshold test didn't get me an average that high. And I vomited after the effort. Age:40.

I've got a mate who finishes in the top 20 in all MTB races he enters and he cannot meet his Disco goals due to the stupid way Disco measure effort. Debated to death here already. Of course those who have naturally high HR data don't understand.

Or the unfit like me. I get 3k points every saturday since january.

How does he not meet his goals, I get 1200 each week and I get the minimum per ride, 300 for more than 90 minutes, 4 times a week.