Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess with their our reliable data analysed, their actuaries that worked out the flight discount must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Would have been abused pre-2nd April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone in the Claremont area that has a Polar Datalink USB dongle I could quickly borrow sometime before Tuesday to sync my data from my RCX5?  :ph34r:

Lost mine this week and can only get a new one in two weeks.

Edited by wolver

YAY!!!! Flight Booster live soon...

Flight Booster through Vitality Active Rewards takes off soon

The Flight Booster benefit through Vitality Active Rewards will launch on Friday, 9 September 2016. This benefit will enable your clients to earn extra cash back on all kulula.com local flights (base fare only). That means they can save up to 100% on their base fare and fly locally, just by getting active.

Clients save up to 100% on local flights with kulula.com

Your clients can save up to 100% on two local flight bookings every year with kulula.com (base fare only). This saving depends on the number of Vitality Active Rewards goals they achieve from the time of booking to the date of departure. The extra saving is paid to your clients as a cash back as part of their cash-back billing cycle.

To start enjoying this new benefit, your clients need to have activated Vitality Active Rewards at the time of booking their flight, and then achieve six goals to unlock the benefit.

With Vitality Active Rewards, your clients are set a personalised weekly fitness goal, and get rewarded with a complimentary coffee or smoothie for achieving this goal.

Fantastic, thanks Myles!

This will take the cost of the Argus & Amashova weekends down in a big way.

Fantastic, thanks Myles!

Question is will it work for flights already booked if they are six weeks after the go-live date?

Sulking at the moment, just missed my goal for this week by 1 bpm .....

Question is will it work for flights already booked if they are six weeks after the go-live date?

If you crop out a section, you get the 1bpm back, UNLESS... You stopped at the 30/90 minute mark.

To find out how to crop, go back a few posts/pages.

sadly, not. 

Though having said that, your broker would be remiss to not fight that on your behalf. I certainly would, despite my opinion. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Here's a question for the experts - occasionally I'll log a session with my 910XT, and when I upload it, even though the HR is working, and logged through Garmin Connect, I get points for "Speed Data only" - I didn't pay too much attention, until this weekend where I did two 12km runs back to back - the one on the 6th I got 300 points (HR Data), but the one on the 7th, even though the HR was logged, I only got 100 points (Speed data only)

The routes were different, so on the day where I got the 300 points, my AVE HR was 141, and on the day where it only recognised my speed, I had an AVE HR of 133.

Is there a minimum ave hr you need to get before Discovery registers a HR workout?

Here's a question for the experts - occasionally I'll log a session with my 910XT, and when I upload it, even though the HR is working, and logged through Garmin Connect, I get points for "Speed Data only" - I didn't pay too much attention, until this weekend where I did two 12km runs back to back - the one on the 6th I got 300 points (HR Data), but the one on the 7th, even though the HR was logged, I only got 100 points (Speed data only)

The routes were different, so on the day where I got the 300 points, my AVE HR was 141, and on the day where it only recognised my speed, I had an AVE HR of 133.

Is there a minimum ave hr you need to get before Discovery registers a HR workout?

220-age is your maxHR

30 mins at 70-79% gets you 100 points

30 mins at >=80% gets you 300 points

90 mins at the above % of max gets you 300 (70-79%) and 600 (>80%).

So you need to determine what you age related maxHR is, and then see how your average HR fits into the equation.

Use this as a guide - https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/vitality_active_rewards_new_points.pdf

Thanks Shaper - saved me time looking for the link.

Edited by geraldm24

A Gerald says, here the info https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-device-workout-points

Fantastic, thanks Myles!

Probably only 1 of the races? They refer to 2 local flights per year (so 1 down and 1 back?)

their breakdowns can be frustrating sometimes esp after events.

Ran wolkberg 2 day trail run this weekend.

35km 1700m elevation on the sat- 3000 points earned 4h10min at ave 159bpm

25km 600m elevation gain on sunday- 300 points earned 2h15min at ave of 153bpm

legs were a little weary from sat so couldn't push as hard on sunday but had my average hear trate been 3bpm higher it would have been 1500 points for sunday...

220-age is your maxHR

30 mins at 70-79% gets you 100 points

30 mins at >=80% gets you 300 points

90 mins at the above % of max gets you 300 (70-79%) and 600 (>80%).

So you need to determine what you age related maxHR is, and then see how your average HR fits into the equation.

Use this as a guide - https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/vitality_active_rewards_new_points.pdf

Thanks Shaper - saved me time looking for the link.

Thanks - I suppose I should have looked at the Discovery website myself- what threw me was the two different descriptions in the points allocations, which is why I wondered about the HR values - thought there might be a software glitch.

Probably only 1 of the races? They refer to 2 local flights per year (so 1 down and 1 back?)

no... wait. Was sure it was 12 local flights per year...

EDIT: Eeeeergh. Was sure it was 12 on the marketing material we got!!!

There was even a joke on how they had to limit it otherwise the actuaries would have flown every weekend... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Thanks - I suppose I should have looked at the Discovery website myself- what threw me was the two different descriptions in the points allocations, which is why I wondered about the HR values - thought there might be a software glitch.

Their website is another subject matter that requires hours of browsing to find the correct information.