Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

their breakdowns can be frustrating sometimes esp after events.

Ran wolkberg 2 day trail run this weekend.

35km 1700m elevation on the sat- 3000 points earned 4h10min at ave 159bpm

25km 600m elevation gain on sunday- 300 points earned 2h15min at ave of 153bpm

legs were a little weary from sat so couldn't push as hard on sunday but had my average hear trate been 3bpm higher it would have been 1500 points for sunday...

Hope you aren't needing to pay for an Applewatch thing. That would make me seriously grumpy!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their website is another subject matter that requires hours of browsing to find the correct information.

I think I would be a lot more vocal if I was having to hit the points to pay for a Watch....

I lose about 600 points per week because there is no way I can get my TACX indoor workouts logged, and I'm not prepared to lose the Power readings I get from the TACX which are more valuable to my coach than the free smoothie I would get if I used my Garmin indoors.

I think I would be a lot more vocal if I was having to hit the points to pay for a Watch....

I lose about 600 points per week because there is no way I can get my TACX indoor workouts logged, and I'm not prepared to lose the Power readings I get from the TACX which are more valuable to my coach than the free smoothie I would get if I used my Garmin indoors.

Where do you sync your Tacx workouts to ? If you using strava or similar, then record on Tacx and Garmin, then just delete the Garmin workout from Strava and let it sync from GC to Disco so you don't lose any points.

Ya no apple watch, am very weary of that deal because they describe the 'goals' as dynamic, ie they want to keep pushing you further forward. When you putting in 10-14 hours a week if they expect you to improve and do more over time it's never gonna happen, especially with a full time job and part time honours degree studies. Also if I put that watch on and race 140hours at expedition africa what are they gonna ask me to do the next month?

Why ? he would have reached his goal with saturdays 3000points...

For sure, but had he had needed 3000 points the following week, and did a 25km 600m elevation gain run knowing that the previous week he had done something at a 6bpm average higher for 3000 points, 300 points instead of 3000 would be a bitter pill to swallow.

For sure, but had he had needed 3000 points the following week, and did a 25km 600m elevation gain run knowing that the previous week he had done something at a 6bpm average higher for 3000 points, 300 points instead of 3000 would be a bitter pill to swallow.

the weekly goal is capped at 1200. And the system is changing again soon to make it easier so everyone can get a smoothie and free watch

Ya no apple watch, am very weary of that deal because they describe the 'goals' as dynamic, ie they want to keep pushing you further forward. When you putting in 10-14 hours a week if they expect you to improve and do more over time it's never gonna happen, especially with a full time job and part time honours degree studies. Also if I put that watch on and race 140hours at expedition africa what are they gonna ask me to do the next month?

As veebee said. Max prequired points is currently capped at 1,200 per week. In 10 days it'll change to 900 along with the newer (some say better) points structure or 1,200 if you are an :endurance" or "professional" athlete. 

Point is this - you'll never need more than 1,200 points in a week. 

Only gripe is that a long ride can contain a 30 or 90 min effort at 70% or 80% HR and Discovery can't identify it despite having the data which means we need to crop.

Otherwise it seems the disgruntled clients have stopped moaning (or they are banned)

Yeha, I don't like that either. 

switch the Garmin on when on the idt?

^ what Harry said, use your garmin as well to record all the data including your power, then upload the garmin file.

Is what I do when on my cyclops or if am using the wattbike at the gym. Pair the IDT/bike with my garmin, upload to GC, record all data, HRM, spped,cadence, distance, power etc and sync with vitality for the free smoothie.

As veebee said. Max prequired points is currently capped at 1,200 per week. In 10 days it'll change to 900 along with the newer (some say better) points structure or 1,200 if you are an :endurance" or "professional" athlete. 

Point is this - you'll never need more than 1,200 points in a week.

Yes, but the point we were discussing is not the maximum target, but the manner in which you get allocated those points towards your target, which is sometimes bemusing. If I only needed 300 points to reach my target and I got those 300 for a 12km run in one week, and only 100 for a 12km run the following week albeit with a slightly lower ave HR it could be frustrating, especially if amounts to only 1 or 2 bpm. Nevertheless, it's really about getting your training done in the correct zones, and not about smoothies and watches. Edited by Andymann

IDT software is linked to TrainingPeaks, and so is Garmin Connect. My indoor sets are power/cadence/hr based which I export to TP when I am done. This is the file the coach uses to track my training. If I use my Garmin, it also sends a file to TP (without cadence and power), which I then have to go back and delete off TP otherwise it throws up a double session and if I forget to delete it my very grumpy coach (and Wife) gives me a disapproval look :-) It would be nice if the Discovery App was able to recognise TACX training files directly I guess is what I am trying to say.

Yes, but the point we were discussing is not the maximum target, but the manner in which you get allocated those points towards your target, which is sometimes bemusing. If I only needed 300 points to reach my target and I got those 300 for a 12km run in one week, and only 100 for a 12km run the following week albeit with a slightly lower ave HR it could be frustrating, especially if amounts to only 1 or 2 bpm. Nevertheless, it's really about getting your training done in the correct zones, and not about smoothies and watches.

Welcome to the Vitality thread... there about 300 odd pages discussing the HR zones used by vitality

IDT software is linked to TrainingPeaks, and so is Garmin Connect. My indoor sets are power/cadence/hr based which I export to TP when I am done. This is the file the coach uses to track my training. If I use my Garmin, it also sends a file to TP (without cadence and power), which I then have to go back and delete off TP otherwise it throws up a double session and if I forget to delete it my very grumpy coach (and Wife) gives me a disapproval look :-) It would be nice if the Discovery App was able to recognise TACX training files directly I guess is what I am trying to say.

if you pair your garmin with your Tacx IDT then you will be able to pair for all data which is Ant+ and that includes cadence and power, not sure which garmin you have but you may need to pair the sensors for power and cadence independently

See my earlier comment where I record every sensor on my garmin (in my case a fenix 3 but previously was an edge 500),  I upload to GC which sync with TP and Vitality

Edit: I have a Cycleops powersync and my garmin happily records the power data once it is paired 

Edited by shaper