Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

if you pair your garmin with your Tacx IDT then you will be able to pair for all data which is Ant+ and that includes cadence and power, not sure which garmin you have but you may need to pair the sensors for power and cadence independently

See my earlier comment where I record every sensor on my garmin (in my case a fenix 3 but previously was an edge 500),  I upload to GC which sync with TP and Vitality

Edit: I have a Cycleops powersync and my garmin happily records the power data once it is paired

I unfortunately do not have a separate cadence and power sensor on my bike - I use the TACX cadence and power values. That's why when I download the Garmin file to GC and subsequently to TP, it's only HR - great for free smoothies, but not great for a coach expecting power values. 910XT also doesn't pick up the TACX sensors unfortunately.

Edited by Andymann

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I unfortunately do not have a separate cadence and power sensor on my bike - I use the TACX cadence and power values. That's why when I download the Garmin file to GC and subsequently to TP, it's only HR - great for free smoothies, but not great for a coach expecting power values. 910XT also doesn't pick up the TACX sensors unfortunately.

Do you not have a garmin cadence sensor on your bike? How do you monitor record cadence when out riding on the road/trails?

The power you will get from you Tacx IDT (same as I get from my cycleops), you just have to switch on Ant+ power on your garmin, search and pair with your Tacx

I use to have a 910XT (before the barometer failed and upgraded) and your tacx is Ant+ so the 910XT will pair with it.  My 910XT did with both the wattbike and cycleops

A question.... Those here who have the "natural high HR" that smash 1500/3000 points a ride. How many of you are following a LCHF diet?

I started Banting last week and today's Modderfontein race I was basically over 80% on the way to the start line. Anyway, was fairly easy to stay above 80% the whole race.

Possible I'm not fat adapted yet so body was just pissed at me.

A question.... Those here who have the "natural high HR" that smash 1500/3000 points a ride. How many of you are following a LCHF diet?

I started Banting last week and today's Modderfontein race I was basically over 80% on the way to the start line. Anyway, was fairly easy to stay above 80% the whole race.

Possible I'm not fat adapted yet so body was just pissed at me.

Nope. I'm just a fat bastard

This time next week (day, not hour), we can apply online for the endurance athlete thingy ma jiggy program.

100-200-300-450-600 points for a single workout, excluding the events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would be a lot more vocal if I was having to hit the points to pay for a Watch....

I lose about 600 points per week because there is no way I can get my TACX indoor workouts logged, and I'm not prepared to lose the Power readings I get from the TACX which are more valuable to my coach than the free smoothie I would get if I used my Garmin indoors.

I have used my Tacx exclusively for the past 4 months with no problem getting points for every workout. With power.

This time next week (day, not hour), we can apply online for the endurance athlete thingy ma jiggy program.

It is an interesting decision.

If you have already maxed out on your 30,000 exercise points I reckon it's worth staying on 900 goal as you then have to do 3 x 30 minutes at 80% or 3 x 60 at 70%.  The points for 60 - 90 minutes at 70% and 30 - 90 minutes on both programs are the same.  Only thing that changes is the weekly target.

On the whole this will be easier to achieve than the Elite steps unless you have a naturally high heart rate than benefits from the 220 - age formula.

Is this still HR based? Then I am still stuffed

Is this still HR based? Then I am still stuffed

Afraid so. But there is a distance/speed combo that give you 100 points. WhoopyDo.

post-35786-0-69784600-1471151624_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-26324700-1471151625_thumb.jpg

If you have already maxed out on your 30,000 exercise points I reckon it's worth staying on 900 goal as you then have to do 3 x 30 minutes at 80% or 3 x 60 at 70%. The points for 60 - 90 minutes at 70% and 30 - 90 minutes on both programs are the same. Only thing that changes is the weekly target.

On the whole this will be easier to achieve than the Elite steps unless you have a naturally high heart rate than benefits from the 220 - age formula.

The endurance seems to be the easier especially with the 450 point allocation. 2hrs at 60% should be doable for many...

The endurance seems to be the easier especially with the 450 point allocation. 2hrs at 60% should be doable for many...

But... You'll have a 1200 point cap on the endurance option. Not 900...

If you have already maxed out on your 30,000 exercise points I reckon it's worth staying on 900 goal as you then have to do 3 x 30 minutes at 80% or 3 x 60 at 70%.  The points for 60 - 90 minutes at 70% and 30 - 90 minutes on both programs are the same.  Only thing that changes is the weekly target.

I agree with you and as an endurance athlete I do not look at how easy it is to get the points as that is a given... but more of how difficult it will be to get the points when ill or injured and 900 is much more achievable for the worst case scenario.

For those who keep saying I get more points for doing what am currently doing, so with upgrading it is easier, just remember that you need to do this 52 weeks of the year, irrespective of work, holidays, indujury or illness.

Look at the what if scenario and then decide which is more beneficial.... just my 2c

Can you toggle between ordinary and endurance? Ie. Go on to endurance at the beginning of the year, max out your 30k fitness points, and then move back to ordinary?

Can you toggle between ordinary and endurance? Ie. Go on to endurance at the beginning of the year, max out your 30k fitness points, and then move back to ordinary?

Still waiting to hear about that