Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

CyclingSA have changed their website.

Everyone needs to register their profile again on the new site.

Click on register;

Click on Yes if you were an existing member;

Wait for a verification email with a number to enter before continuing;

I notice it says my 2015 full racing licence has expired, and they don't have any record of my 2016 licence.

It also doesn't have the club admin function, so not sure how a licence will be approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CyclingSA have changed their website.

Everyone needs to register their profile again on the new site.

Click on register;

Click on Yes if you were an existing member;

Wait for a verification email with a number to enter before continuing;

I notice it says my 2015 full racing licence has expired, and they don't have any record of my 2016 licence.

It also doesn't have the club admin function, so not sure how a licence will be approved.

Same here except my racing licence apparently expired in 2014 despite me having a valid card in my wallet.

Answer from Discovery - buy your own licence. Soz for confusion. BS if you ask me.  

Same here except my racing licence apparently expired in 2014 despite me having a valid card in my wallet.

Answer from Discovery - buy your own licence. Soz for confusion. BS if you ask me.  

Thanks for clarifying with Disco, suspected as much  :thumbdown:  

Time to swap to Elite High Performance Endurance Super Duper Hard Man Athlete on Vitality for the holidays and new year as I'll earn my smoothie in 2 holiday rides of 120 minutes at 70%, then in the new year I'll klap the 30,000 before reverting to basic piss poor athlete for rest of the year.

Assuming one can go back to piss poor athlete.

Time to swap to Elite High Performance Endurance Super Duper Hard Man Athlete on Vitality for the holidays and new year as I'll earn my smoothie in 2 holiday rides of 120 minutes at 70%, then in the new year I'll klap the 30,000 before reverting to basic piss poor athlete for rest of the year.

Assuming one can go back to piss poor athlete.

Been on the elite for a while now and I actually find it much easier as riding at 60% of HR means points where normally one would only get 100 for speed data only. Most weeks I achieve target with 2 rides where best you can hope for on normal program is 3 activities of 300 points each.

I'm staying on the "poor athlete" option.

Getting to 900 is easier than 1200, especially in a week where one is sick. One 30-min (80%) or 60-min (70%) then 6x 10k steps or gyms visits or a combination of both and the 900 points are sorted.

Been on the elite for a while now and I actually find it much easier as riding at 60% of HR means points where normally one would only get 100 for speed data only. Most weeks I achieve target with 2 rides where best you can hope for on normal program is 3 activities of 300 points each.

agree here, also been on elite for a while now and find it very easy to meet the goals.

I have MAXED out on points, 460 points shy of going Diamond! 

I don't get points for rides or gym! Any help? 

Please PM me if you know how I can get my final points!

Thanks

I'm staying on the "piss poor athlete" option.

Getting to 900 is easier than 1200, especially in a week where one is sick. One 30-min (80%) or 60-min (70%) then 6x 10k steps or gyms visits or a combination of both and the 900 points are sorted.

fixed?

Thanks

Send me a mail and I'll send you a consent form. Can then have a look at what you've done or not done.

Check all your online stuff and screening checks and HIV and non smokers declaration

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, on this thread, so here goes...

Thanks Gerald, as always seen first on the hub  :clap:

Where you found this link, did it give you the points required for getting to gold?

I see there is a high performance fitness assessment.... wonder if you have to do this assessment to earn the endurance and high performance points?

Thanks

Difficult to advise without knowing what you have and have not done. Suggest you make a booking with a dietician, biokineticist or dentist pronto!

Thanks Gerald, as always seen first on the hub  :clap:

Where you found this link, did it give you the points required for getting to gold?

I see there is a high performance fitness assessment.... wonder if you have to do this assessment to earn the endurance and high performance points?

edit: link to the 2017 points is here: https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-oct16-points-updates-for-2017

4) Updates to the Vitality Fitness Assessment

The Vitality Fitness Assessment will become a more in-depth and tailored assessment, allowing for personalised feedback on your fitness and mobility.

• You can earn up to 7 500 Vitality points once a year depending on your fitness level. These points will form part of the 30 000 points you can earn for fitness in the year.
  • If you are a high performance athlete you can also do the Vitality High Performance Fitness Assessment, and can earn up to 10 000 Vitality points for completing it. These points will be earned in addition to the overall 30 000 points you can earn for fitness in the year.

I was doing my usual end-of-year browse through their website to see what's install for the following year. Came across that image.

And also this disturbing point (for Team Vitality members) - highlighted in red:

You can earn up to 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fees up to a maximum spend of R3 000 each quarter, and up to R12 000 in a calendar year. This means you can earn up to R1 500 cash back (50% of R3 000) in a quarter, and up to R6 000 a year. To qualify for cash backs on race registration fees, please take note of the following:

• The event must be one of the selected, timed events on the Team Vitality race calendar that qualifies for a 50% cash back.
  • You must have completed the event and be a member of Team Vitality.
  • You must be a Team Vitality member at the time the cash back is awarded.
  • You will get up to 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fee only (the cash back does not apply to the additional fee if you register late or to T-shirts, promotional items, donations, temp licences, etc.).
  • Cash back will be awarded automatically once we have received the verified results from the timing company.
  • Please note Team Vitality reserves the right to change the allocated cash back amount on races.

The cash back for October, November and December is made in January.

The 2016 membership expires on 31/12/2016.

I wonder if the cash back is forfeited if you don't renew - something to consider if you've done 2-3 races in the final quarter like me.

Edited by geraldm24