Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Its times like this that we should boycott and demand they give us all our goals as now I have to kill myself to get 300 points this evening just incase I didnt reach my goal yet, as I have no way in telling that I need 100 vs 300 points to get it thanks to a broken app

I still can't acces Vitality Active Rewards page. Anyone else still struggling. Happened after the last update on Sunday.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect!! I thought my streak was cool, but will not mention it here... Freaken married to your bike or what?

Married? No. Committed, without question.  

I still can't acces Vitality Active Rewards page. Anyone else still struggling. Happened after the last update on Sunday.

All good for me at the moment.

Can log into the App.

This mornings workout is showing.

HAd the same on Sunday but now it is fine.

Was sitting at M&B, will revert back to loading the rewards before I go to use them again.

I can get in, and the app has finally decided to show the points for last night's workout.

My wife's is still not showing her workout from last night, and hers normally shows within minutes of syncing the device.

The app/system seems to have taken a arrow to the knee since the new random reward thing launched.

Dear thunder... can they not make it simple to understand?

I assume half a truckload or more of you are on Vitality and belonging to Virgin Active. Can somebody please enlighten me what the heck is actually going on ito benefits?

Biggest question: Why "up to 75%" savings on monthly installments? Then in the same breath - Why does VA website only talk about 50% savings?
If I read it correctly, it looks as if it is 75% for either/both myself and my wife, should we elect to take the only-go-to-local-gym-option, which is what I plan to do anyway. (Only for swimming... the rest I do outdoors!)

Gym booster will get then you the additional 25%, presuming you've met all targets for a month. But that will then only be 100% off should you hit that 75% in initial question. 

What else have I missed - and is anybody (Myyyyles...?) aware of any changes coming for next year? Like I said, I train outside and only now starting to contemplate this in order to get swimming for XTerra/Tri's. Don't want to get myself into a commitment and then the T&C's change in 2 month's time.

From what I remember, and AFAIK it hasn't changed (unless they snuck something in and haven't told us and didn't sort it at the training sessions) it's as such:

Initial 75% discount on single gym membership

Goes to 100% based on Gym Booster

If you fall below 36 annual visits, base discount goes to 50% until such time as you have 36 visits in a rolling year. 

Initial Premier membership discount is 67%

No Gym Booster applies to Premier

If you fall below 36 annual visits on premier, you get dropped to 50% until such time as you have 36 visits in a rolling year. 

No changes, as far as I'm aware. 

Not sure where VA gets their 50% from. 

Yep, still as per the above. 

Taken from the marketing material

"Save up to 75% on your monthly gym fees and boost your savings up to 100% with Gym Booster"

Up to 75% depending on visits over a rolling year and whether premier or single club membership. Up to 100% on gym booster with single club membership only. 

WE'VE TEAMED UP WITH DISCOVERY VITALITY TO GIVE MEMBERS AMAZING BENEFITS​

If you join Virgin Active through Discovery Vitality, you could get up to 100% off your monthly membership fees. 

You need to:​

• Be a Discovery Vitality member (main member or spouse)

Be 18 years and older

Pay the once-off activation fee of R1 725

Pay the club access card fee of R140

Visit the club at least 36 times in a rolling 12-month period to keep the maximum Vitality saving 

​What the Vitality benefit offers you:

• Your adult dependents (18 years and older) get 50% off their monthly gym membership fees

Children younger than 18 years get 30% off the monthly public fees (if you or your spouse uses the Vitality health club benefit)

Each member can each earn 100 Vitality points for one club visit a day, up to a maximum of 30 000 Vitality fitness points a year

Dependents between 12 and up to 18 years old can earn 100 Vitality points for one visit a day, up to a maximum of 20 000 Vitality points per year           

Don't forget to take your club access card with you to the club and swipe it at the turnstile to record your visits.

Remember you can enjoy up to 100% off your monthly membership fees based on the number of Vitality Active Rewards goals you achieve in a particular month. ACTIVATE NOW

Myles have they ever explained the reason/logic behind gym booster only being applicable to the single gym membership and not premier?

I assume it's because premier members are more likely to hit the targets.....

WE'VE TEAMED UP WITH DISCOVERY VITALITY TO GIVE MEMBERS AMAZING BENEFITS​

If you join Virgin Active through Discovery Vitality, you could get up to 100% off your monthly membership fees. 
You need to:​

• Be a Discovery Vitality member (main member or spouse)
  • Be 18 years and older
  • Pay the once-off activation fee of R1 725
  • Pay the club access card fee of R140
  • Visit the club at least 36 times in a rolling 12-month period to keep the maximum Vitality saving 

​What the Vitality benefit offers you:

• Your adult dependents (18 years and older) get 50% off their monthly gym membership fees
  • Children younger than 18 years get 30% off the monthly public fees (if you or your spouse uses the Vitality health club benefit)
  •  

At least I wasn't dreaming!  :whistling: But now I read it differently - it is for YOUR (additional) over 18 dependents.

Thanks for the clarification, Myles! Appreciate it...  :thumbup:

Edited by SeaBee

Myles have they ever explained the reason/logic behind gym booster only being applicable to the single gym membership and not premier?

It's arse about face, IMO. 

Apparently the rand cost saving at 67% was already higher than the 75% on single club memberships so they didn't think an extra discount was warranted. 

coughBULLSHITcough

Or at least that's the reason that was continually given to me  

YES?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

It's arse about face, IMO. 

Apparently the rand cost saving at 67% was already higher than the 75% on single club memberships so they didn't think an extra discount was warranted. 

coughBULLSHITcough

Or at least that's the reason that was continually given to me  

Even if they brought in the 67% saving for premier membership I'd sign up for it straight away. So sick of being held to one club and just being allowed to visit another club ONCE, EVER. I travel quite a bit between here and PMB and the club there is really nice. 

Sunto and Vitality points.

Why does Vitality not recognize the steps taken by a Sunto Sports watches????

This is very frustrating and I wish they would have made this more clear to us. I now have a Sunto Spartan Sports watch which I love but it is now useless as my daily steps are for nothing. No Vitality steps allocated.

Sunto is a very well known and respected sports watch brand not some cheap junk.

They say Sunto do tack steps but we do not receive this data!!!!!! WHY NOT?

Sunto and Vitality points.

Why does Vitality not recognize the steps taken by a Sunto Sports watches????

This is very frustrating and I wish they would have made this more clear to us. I now have a Sunto Spartan Sports watch which I love but it is now useless as my daily steps are for nothing. No Vitality steps allocated.

Sunto is a very well known and respected sports watch brand not some cheap junk.

They say Sunto do tack steps but we do not receive this data!!!!!! WHY NOT?

I've been through this with some clients before. It's an idiosyncrasy of the SUUNTO software. The watch records steps, but Movescount - for some reason - doesn't keep the data properly, which means it doesn't sync with the Vitality platform. 

Unfortunately it's a quirk, and as far as I know it doesn't have a workaround.