Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

How do you guys record your rides on the Wattbike so you get extra vitality points?

I currently use the Wattbike app which links to Strav but I don't get any vitality points for the activity apart from 100 for entering the gym. I see a few guys who have there computer with them but surely it wont record distance or anything only time.

if you have a garmin 520 it will connect to the Wattbike no need to use the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Android App looks different

Mine is the same - it shows goal streak ending 24 Nov achieved, but I see no option of spinning.

Also Android.

In this case, I guess you both know what to do...

if you have a garmin 520 it will connect to the Wattbike no need to use the app

You need to record your heart rate over the time, Distance does not matter.

Toptip... anyone needing additional points can get a glaucoma screening (if over 40yo) for 2500pts... particularly useful in a couple where one is too busy to do proper workouts... any bit helps...

Message from Disco regarding my surprise reward:

Thank you for your online query.

We identified that there are some members that have not received their surprise rewards.

Our systems team is currently working on a bulk fix for this, however we do not have a confirmed turnaround time as to when the issue will be resolved.

We apologise for the delay and for any inconvenience caused.

I’ve received some cash back (20th of the month).

Team Vitality (947) - check

Health Foods - check

Gym Booster - check

Shoe Booster - nothing (need to follow up)

Healthy Gear - n/a

Flight Booster - n/a

Shoe Booster paid out this morning, without me having to follow up.

One thing that I am chasing, is a refund on Disco Miles that were used in a transaction that failed.

They claim the transaction was successful, but failed to see that I used my card the following day to create a new order. The order history only shows one transaction, yet two payments (miles, and a credit card).

finally got my shoe booster this morning.  On querying the Flight booster via Vitality FB page, got this reply

We currently working on having these cash backs paid manually, however, we're unable to confirm exactly when yours will reflect. Please look out for it during the course of the month.

Edited by shaper

In this case, I guess you both know what to do...

finally got my shoe booster this morning.  On querying the Flight booster via Vitality FB page, got this reply

We currently working on having these cash backs paid manually, however, we're unable to confirm exactly when yours will reflect. Please look out for it during the course of the month.

Hi Frosty and Shaper,

Got a question and I am sure you would know the answer to this - otherwise I can phone Discovery and make sure:

My points for "steps" normally take a day or 2 to reflect on my points calculation.

I sometimes use the "step" points in between the days I can not get on the saddle.

This week has been tough to train with my son's stuff at school and work obligations, etc.

If I have 800 points today and need 900 points to achieve my GOAL and I walk 10 000 steps today for 100 points, would that reflect tomorrow, or Sunday as "goal achieved"?

Or do I have to have 900 points by 23h59 tonight to reflect as "goal achieved"??

Thanx for any feedback  :thumbup:

If I have 800 points today and need 900 points to achieve my GOAL and I walk 10 000 steps today for 100 points, would that reflect tomorrow, or Sunday as "goal achieved"?

Or do I have to have 900 points by 23h59 tonight to reflect as "goal achieved"??

As soon as the required points meet or exceed the goal, you'll get goal achieved. Steps only reflect after midnight or whenever the day's steps are calc'd and approved. If you did a 100pt workout and uploaded, it'll happen as soon as you upload. That's for workouts though, not steps

Hi Frosty and Shaper,

Got a question and I am sure you would know the answer to this - otherwise I can phone Discovery and make sure:

My points for "steps" normally take a day or 2 to reflect on my points calculation.

I sometimes use the "step" points in between the days I can not get on the saddle.

This week has been tough to train with my son's stuff at school and work obligations, etc.

From Discovery website:

"Make sure your Vitality points have synced with Vitality before the goal cycle closes every Friday at midnight. We allow until midnight on Tuesday night for data to come through before issuing rewards on Wednesday morning."

Not sure if that helps - says sync by Friday midnight, but you have until Tuseday night for it to reflect. (I've found in the past that even if I only sync my Friday workout a day or 2 late, it still works for achieving the goal and getting the reward.)

Hi Frosty and Shaper,

You have until Tuesday the next week to have the points uploaded so if you get the 100 points today and upload only on Sunday it is fine.

As soon as the required points meet or exceed the goal, you'll get goal achieved. Steps only reflect after midnight or whenever the day's steps are calc'd and approved. If you did a 100pt workout and uploaded, it'll happen as soon as you upload. That's for workouts though, not steps

From Discovery website:

"Make sure your Vitality points have synced with Vitality before the goal cycle closes every Friday at midnight. We allow until midnight on Tuesday night for data to come through before issuing rewards on Wednesday morning."

Not sure if that helps - says sync by Friday midnight, but you have until Tuseday night for it to reflect. (I've found in the past that even if I only sync my Friday workout a day or 2 late, it still works for achieving the goal and getting the reward.)

You have until Tuesday the next week to have the points uploaded so if you get the 100 points today and upload only on Sunday it is fine.

AWESOME  :clap:  :thumbup:  thank you for the feedback...this is great news and I will make sure to SYNC my app tonight before midnight.

Hi Frosty and Shaper,

I know the guys have already replied, so I'll answer based on my experience.

1. I make sure that my Garmin device and the Garmin Connect app sync every night before going to sleep. Sometimes the link to Discovery works fine and is updated within minutes, other time not. Last week I needed 10K steps on the Friday to reach my goal, and I got there at about 21:30. However, the "goal achieved" only registered on Sunday.
  2. If the goal isn't updated by Monday morning, then I would log a call even though they say Tuesday as the deadline - I've only had to do that twice, once when I tested out a "delink" for this forum (which I shouldn't have done) and once when their system wasn't working well.

You need to record your heart rate over the time, Distance does not matter.

your garmin records your heart rate speed distance and power and gets uploaded to discovery

Having your vitality Points goal Adjusted...My experience

...I have been on the max 900 points for who knows how long and have easily achieve that with 3 mountainbike rides a week  with heartrate monitor... Then I was Diagnosed with Prostate cancer and had Brachytherapy.The effects and how much exercise you can do after the surgery is a much debatable topic and at the end of the day you have to except that you will be doing less exercise.biking can be out for 6 weeks - 6 months .

Anyhoo if you know you are about to take a knock on your ability to exercise at the current level ,you can appeal to the Vitality active rewards program.They take 28 working days and a bit of prompting to adjust your points.They dropped mine to 600 mmmm I know non cancer sufferers that have a points goal of 100 point s a week.So if you have had a medical condition or procedure... it is possible to get your points  total adjusted.

If possible try and send the application in before the time if you know you will be having a  procedure or  a medically affected layoff. (obviously it requires a completed application with supporting documents)

Edited by HowardSteele