Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Change to the high performance category. It will be easier if you do more long & easier rides.

^^^ THIS!!! you're doing the miles anyway, so why not? i'm not in anyway shape or form a performance/endurance athlete, but the added ceiling and incentive for longer workouts helps me stay motivated. MORTivated some days

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ THIS!!! you're doing the miles anyway, so why not? i'm not in anyway shape or form a performance/endurance athlete, but the added ceiling and incentive for longer workouts helps me stay motivated. MORTivated some days

What happens if you just stop your exercise every 31 minutes? Can you get 3 x the points if you ride 1.5 hours? 

Posted this on the Apple watch thread but this seems like a more appropriate place to ask...

Want to know from the guys that got apple watch through vitality. To meet the requirements you need card in good standing etc etc. Then also you need R5000 available after the 600 deposit, is that 5k then "frozen" on the card?

What happens if you just stop your exercise every 31 minutes? Can you get 3 x the points if you ride 1.5 hours? 

Ya, the smarty pants actuaries thought of that and cap you @ 300pts/day. if you do 10000 steps AND a 30+min ride @ >80% max HR, you only get 300 for the ride and nada for the steps. If you didn't do the ride, you'd get 100 for the steps. Same for the endurance option, except you get 450 for 90min @ 70% (IIRC), 600 for 2hrs. But then your max weekly goal will be 1200pts. Doable with two long workouts rather than 3 on the regular program.

I should stress that it's not about the free smoothie for me.

You only get the points from the single activity that counts the most on any one day. You get 0 for the others on that day.

Posted this on the Apple watch thread but this seems like a more appropriate place to ask...

Want to know from the guys that got apple watch through vitality. To meet the requirements you need card in good standing etc etc. Then also you need R5000 available after the 600 deposit, is that 5k then "frozen" on the card?

I signed on in February 2016, so only have a few month left without having paid a cent.

Back then, the overall card limit was R10k. The upfront payment to activate the scheme was paid and then for some reason reversed, so I've yet to pay anything towards it.

I can't remember the minimum amount ever being a problem. The R5k you refer to is not "frozen" - but they can debit your card for the full outstanding amount should you default on the agreement at any time, i.e. leave Vitality = having to pay that outstanding balance.

Went to VA today, got the breakfast no problem. The staff have been issued with a memo and there were about 5 breakfasts on the list. Did my workout then had a free breakfast and smoothie after :)

Hey Shaper,

Can you remember what the breakfasts were?

Thanks 

I commute a lot so will have 2 activities most days.

What I have noticed is, if I go to one of our offices that is further away I will have 2 rides over 90 minutes and together I then get 600 for the day.

On the other hand, if I come to my 'normal' office, even if I extend one of the rides, even if the 2 rides together are over 90 minutes I only get 100 points.

Hey Shaper,

Can you remember what the breakfasts were?

Thanks 

Not off hand, 2 were bowls with fruit and I had the smashed avo on toast.  There were 5 in total.

When I asked the staff what were the selected breakfasts, she handed a memo to me to read so that I could choose from.

no, it's not frozen on the card. 

Not off hand, 2 were bowls with fruit and I had the smashed avo on toast.  There were 5 in total.

When I asked the staff what were the selected breakfasts, she handed a memo to me to read so that I could choose from.

Thanks Shaper.

Will check tomorrow at the gym

Thanks Shaper.

Will check tomorrow at the gym

If you press "VIEW INFO" on the reward it will give you the list.

Breakfast Bowl

Power Oats

Smashed Avo on Toast

Almond Butter Toast

Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl

Ya, the smarty pants actuaries thought of that and cap you @ 300pts/day. if you do 10000 steps AND a 30+min ride @ >80% max HR, you only get 300 for the ride and nada for the steps. If you didn't do the ride, you'd get 100 for the steps. Same for the endurance option, except you get 450 for 90min @ 70% (IIRC), 600 for 2hrs. But then your max weekly goal will be 1200pts. Doable with two long workouts rather than 3 on the regular program.

I should stress that it's not about the free smoothie for me.

yip I found it easier on the high performace category with the 1200 goal. This week for example, I hit the goal with my 2 weekend rides. Not chasing smoothies or the freebies so will still ride on in the week, but just helps if you on business travel or away on holiday.

If you press "VIEW INFO" on the reward it will give you the list.

Breakfast Bowl

Power Oats

Smashed Avo on Toast

Almond Butter Toast

Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl

thanks.

Didn't see that. 

Pretty pissed by TWT/discovery. I bought the wife's SUV earlier this year and knew the front tyres were shot as its only a school van 99% of the time this was chilled. Needed to get the disco safety check done so called around and my local Dunlop centre beat the price of the other places easily, even after the TWT 10% discount. 

I always use them and they understand what they are doing. They put the car on the ramp and we inspected the rear tyres, them have an actual pair of vernier calipers that can measure how much thread is left. Had plenty of wear, but because other owner had not had wheel alignment done it had not worn evenily accross tire. The lowest tread was measured as well above the 4mm tread. 

Wife takes car to TWT and gets given a story that there is less than 2mm of tread and the tyres are shot wa wa wa.. All this apparently by just eye balling it in the parking lot. My wife told them where to get off and the dude passed the inspection for her. The dude then went on to point out that the tyres my wife had recently installed were useless in freezing/ice and were rather noisy. Luckily we dont live in Alaska and its a 4x4. *Rolls eyes*

Rant over.