Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Depends on how they tracking it, I know a good 12 or so years ago the machines were actually hooked up to the cards so your treadmill session and such logged automatically into the Vitality dashboard.

Maybe they planning some rubbish like that, how they would track a lifting session however is another story, when I last used virgin, it was not for the treadmill

My workouts get me points, using my Garmin. The gym visit is purely to maintain my gym booster benefit. With no smoothies, I need a reason to visit, hence the treadmill comment.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will try the “insure” drive app option tomorrow on my 4km journey. But it will take me the whole week to get to 100km.

Depends on how they tracking it, I know a good 12 or so years ago the machines were actually hooked up to the cards so your treadmill session and such logged automatically into the Vitality dashboard.

Maybe they planning some rubbish like that, how they would track a lifting session however is another story, when I last used virgin, it was not for the treadmill

At my VA, scan your card at the front desk on the way in, and you have to put your card in a scanner at the boom gate to get out of the car park when you leave.  So they can easily pick up whether you been in the gym for 30 mins or less....

Any one else see no reward or option to play today?

Was wondering the same, got a notification of a reward, went to view and nothing there.... then i noticed my points have gone up by 40... without me getting to save or play!!!!!  :thumbdown:

Was wondering the same, got a notification of a reward, went to view and nothing there.... then i noticed my points have gone up by 40... without me getting to save or play!!!!!  :thumbdown:

None of my exercise activities from Mon, Tue or today are reflecting on the Vitality app. Same for my wife. Finding this revised process with the gambling aspect really irritating. 

Any one else see no reward or option to play today?

No play option. 

They probably have a few bugs to sort out after the recent release, so I guess we'll just have to give them some chance.

Also noticed the points up by 40. Still no sign of the coffees that I lost the previous week.

I will coin a phrase, the "Discovery Syndrome"

It goes like this:

Marketers: Today we launch the new "######" feature after some serious innovation and analysis.

Discovery Coding contractors: You want us to develop "#######" in  "%%%%" weeks, Impossible!

Bosses: Just make it happen.

Discovery Members: That sounds Awesome, we will renew our Vitality membership, next year will be awesome!

Coding Contractors: There you go, we did a hell of a lot of work in no time and even gave up family time with our newborn infants to get this done in time.

Discovery Members: It sounded awesome, but now that we actually have it in our hands there are all these bugs and you have terms and conditions on everything that we didn't know about before.

Marketers: How do we hook them next year...?

my reward points was updated today and I had the chance to play the game. Not sure if my previous rewards have been updated though as I don't see them.

I wen to the gym yesterday and got 100 points for going. Got 300 for the hr above 70%. My weekly target point has been correctly updated with the 300 but my overall points has only been updated with 100

I will coin a phrase, the "Discovery Syndrome"

It goes like this:

Marketers: Today we launch the new "######" feature after some serious innovation and analysis.

Discovery Coding contractors: You want us to develop "#######" in  "%%%%" weeks, Impossible!

Bosses: Just make it happen.

Discovery Members: That sounds Awesome, we will renew our Vitality membership, next year will be awesome!

Coding Contractors: There you go, we did a hell of a lot of work in no time and even gave up family time with our newborn infants to get this done in time.

Discovery Members: It sounded awesome, but now that we actually have it in our hands there are all these bugs and you have terms and conditions on everything that we didn't know about before.

Marketers: How do we hook them next year...?

Seems you also know about this.  :ph34r:

Seems you also know about this.  :ph34r:

I am the Discovery Member in the statements above, and I have heard of the coding side of things from three independent sources, so I coloured in the rest...

I am the Discovery Member in the statements above, and I have heard of the coding side of things from three independent sources, so I coloured in the rest...

My source is inbetween the coders and the "dreamers in management". Trying to put out the fires. So far so good. They have a business model that works for the time being.....

my reward points was updated today and I had the chance to play the game. Not sure if my previous rewards have been updated though as I don't see them.

I wen to the gym yesterday and got 100 points for going. Got 300 for the hr above 70%. My weekly target point has been correctly updated with the 300 but my overall points has only been updated with 100

Your annual points for the year have most likely been reached for a certain category. That is why you still get the points for Vitality Active Rewards and not 300 towards your main points.

Was wondering the same, got a notification of a reward, went to view and nothing there.... then i noticed my points have gone up by 40... without me getting to save or play!!!!! :thumbdown:

Yip, same here

Your annual points for the year have most likely been reached for a certain category. That is why you still get the points for Vitality Active Rewards and not 300 towards your main points.

that sucks, looks like I've reached the 30000 annual limit. How am I supposed to get points now. I've already done the assessments. I won't even get points for the events I have planned for the rest of year