Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrome. When I get to the Vitality link, I get the following error message:

Sorry, but an error has occurred. Our technical team is probably already hard at work trying to fix this problem, so please try again later.

same computer or different ?

I'm wondering if its a plug-in error

Yes, same computer - iMac using Chrome. I tried now at work on my HP laptop and still doesn’t go through.

Is anyone having an issue doing your vitality age on the website ?

I do the entire assessment and then get the pop up saying congratulations on finding out your vitality age, but it just hangs there with a circles thingy going round and round.

Also if I'm halfway through the assessment and I save and exit it doesnt save anything.

Worked for me but not the wife (also hangs on the Congrats on finding your Vitality Age page.

same computer or different ?

I'm wondering if its a plug-in error

Yes, same computer - iMac using Chrome. I tried now at work on my HP laptop and still doesn’t go through.

After 3 days of trying, the wife was finally able to complete her Vitality Age this morning.

After 3 days of trying, the wife was finally able to complete her Vitality Age this morning.

thanks, it worked this morning.

Vitality age is the same as last year, but given that I'm 1 year older the gap has become smaller.

Can any one give me feedback and advice on discovery vitality kids?

My eldest daughter is 5. We enrolled her at gum to use the pool and hopefully start a swimming training program. ( she can swim ) but this will be proper technique etc.

So i never pay for gym as disco gives me my money back via rewards. She is now costing me 130 pm.

Apparently it is 65 pm if she is on my vitality?

What are the pros and cons?

Can any one give me feedback and advice on discovery vitality kids?

My eldest daughter is 5. We enrolled her at gum to use the pool and hopefully start a swimming training program. ( she can swim ) but this will be proper technique etc.

So i never pay for gym as disco gives me my money back via rewards. She is now costing me 130 pm.

Apparently it is 65 pm if she is on my vitality?

What are the pros and cons?

No cons. Only a reduced premium to VA. You'll have to add her to your med aid / life policy (with Child SIB at a nominal amount) to get her on, so you'll be paying more to Vitality and Disco as a result, but that's it. Unless, of course, she's already on your med aid / life pol and you just need to add her to the VA benefit. 

For anyone using Vitality Drive, that might be having trouble getting the sensor to connect or stay connected to your phone, check if this doesn't help: https://dontkillmyapp.com/

Specifically for Nokia, the battery "optimizing" tool they include on the phones completely ignores whitelisting of apps that you might need to run in the background, such as the Insure app (or sports trackers, etc.).

Since removing this tool from my phone on Friday, getting the sensor to connect to my phone now doesn't involve disabling and enabling bluetooth, tapping the sensor and a prayer anymore.

(Also, my Lezyne GPS stayed connected for over 7 hours on Saturday's ride, compared to previously being killed within minutes of starting a ride)

Vitality Purple...Anyone upgraded to it and think it's worth it?

Can you access more than one VA gym on Purple or can that be only done if you have Premier or Collection Club membership?

On the sport-mans warhouse cash back can any one advise the below?

1. What is the max cash back you get per-month on the 25% cash back? I know its limited to 25% of the 1st x?

2. Can i buy a trainer on the gearbooster?

Yup, I can confirm, mine has been rolling over seamlessly  every year since I joined

Mine as well for the last 5 years. i got so much money tied up in my MSA it starting to look like my pension fund.

1. What is the max cash back you get per-month on the 25% cash back? I know its limited to 25% of the 1st x?

I read about it yesterday but dont recall too many details. There is an explanation along the lines of the remaining balance being divided into the months/weeks to determine the cash back. Not sure if you know and also not sure if I have it right either, but sounds like that 25% cash back can never be over R4000. Secondary confirmation would be good

I read about it yesterday but dont recall too many details. There is an explanation along the lines of the remaining balance being divided into the months/weeks to determine the cash back. Not sure if you know and also not sure if I have it right either, but sounds like that 25% cash back can never be over R1,000. Secondary confirmation would be good

Limit on actual cash back is I think R 1,000 per month (R 4,000 spend)

ONLY a bike can be put on the BikeBooster, ONLY through Cycle Lab

ONLY a fitness device on the list can be put on DeviceBooster, through SW or TS

ONLY a pair of shoes can be put on ShoeBooster, through SW or TS

Only one of the above can be active at a time.

I would think that an IDT would qualify for the normal 25% HealthyGear cashback, though. 

I would think that an IDT would qualify for the normal 25% HealthyGear cashback, though. 

Look for the Vitality Healthgear logo on the website - that will tell you what qualifies for the 25% healthy gear cash back.

There are 6 trainers currently showing, and all qualify.

post-1372-0-05386200-1546939364.png

Edited by Frosty

Look for the Vitality Healthgear logo on the website - that will tell you what qualifies for the 25% healthy gear cash back.

There are 6 trainers currently showing, and all qualify.

attachicon.gifVitality.PNG

Thanks, im looking at the 10k kickr, so does that mean i will get back 2500?

Thanks, im looking at the 10k kickr, so does that mean i will get back 2500?

Probably not. Your "qualify spend" is capped at R4000, which means you get a maximum of R1000(25% of R4000) back a month. So you will effectively only see a 10% cashback on your R10k.

Hope this makes sense?