Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

This may have been discussed somewhere in the 565 pages here..... "incorrect" points award.

Example: I do a 2 hour ride - first hour at 60% and second hour at 70% HR - this gives 2 hours at average 65% HR so I get 100 points (>30 mins@60%-69%). But I've done an hour at 70%HR...... I should be eligible for 300 points, but because I've recorded my warmup/cooldown as well, I'm penalized on points....

Has anyone found a legitimate workaround for this that doesn't involve recording multiple activities?

Use fitfiletools and combine the 2 workouts.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been discussed somewhere in the 565 pages here..... "incorrect" points award.

Example: I do a 2 hour ride - first hour at 60% and second hour at 70% HR - this gives 2 hours at average 65% HR so I get 100 points (>30 mins@60%-69%). But I've done an hour at 70%HR...... I should be eligible for 300 points, but because I've recorded my warmup/cooldown as well, I'm penalized on points....

Has anyone found a legitimate workaround for this that doesn't involve recording multiple activities?

change yourself to an endurance athlete, should give you more points

change yourself to an endurance athlete, should give you more points

Doesn't this always push your weekly goal up to 1200 directly?

I havent been able to meet my goal for a few months, its now down to 700

Yup accidentally signed myself up for this, so 1200 points per week till the end of the year. But luckily Saturday group rides give me 600 easily (180 mins @ 60%). then two 30 min 80% sessions (intervals etc) sort me out most weeks.

I’ve had the same issue...

Also issues in giving points for ‘lower class’ activities when point limit for supposed ‘higher class’ activities have been met...

Disco needs to rethink the manner in which they apply the criteria for point allocations...

Multiple activities is the workaround, without going endurance at least.

Think about it like this, the ultra althetes go out for 10hrs+ and still only get 300pts...

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, it's irritating - I can see in trainingpeaks that I has 90 mins at over 70 percent, but then the 4 hours is less than 70 so only get 100 points. Pretty irritating.

I know there are workarounds (autopause helps in some cases), but it's frustrating that you get "penalised" for recording your warmup and cooldown.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, it's irritating - I can see in trainingpeaks that I has 90 mins at over 70 percent, but then the 4 hours is less than 70 so only get 100 points. Pretty irritating.

I know there are workarounds (autopause helps in some cases), but it's frustrating that you get "penalised" for recording your warmup and cooldown.

It's vitality, your getting penalised for being fit. I was very surprised I got 300pt for yesterday's ride, its normally a 0 point ride. Not sure if its something that's dinged my fitness or a set of minions really does make pedaling that much more effort.

Quick solution...don't record your warmup or cooldown. I stopped recording warmups/cooldowns  ages ago after having the same issues. 

Just out of interest, does your training program include time for warmups/cooldowns as part of the total activity or does it just stipulate the time of your activity you need to perform?

Edited by slickjay007

I havent been able to meet my goal for a few months, its now down to 700

Are you on the high performance program thingy with a 700 requirement? Thinking back now, I want to recall mine climbing gradually too. My bad!

Yup accidentally signed myself up for this, so 1200 points per week till the end of the year. But luckily Saturday group rides give me 600 easily (180 mins @ 60%). then two 30 min 80% sessions (intervals etc) sort me out most weeks.

You can always deactivate it by email/phone call, if you wanted to. There isn't really any benefit to activating it as far as I could discover. I turned mine off so that I could still get the weekly goals when sick by walking a park run and "10 000 steps" every other day.

Quick solution...don't record your warmup or cooldown. I stopped recording warmups/cooldowns  ages ago after having the same issues. 

The reason I record the session is to have all the information for me. I get side benefit by getting discovery points. I'm not going to (shouldn't have to) sacrifice the quality of my information because Discovery don't/won't apply any intelligence to their product.

Does anyone have an answer as to why when you a Discovery Bank credit card you stop getting Discovery miles ?

Does anyone know if the healthy gear and healthy device paybacks work with the old Discovery Credit Card.

Still haven’t migrated and I need new running shoes and a bike computer.

Does anyone have an answer as to why when you a Discovery Bank credit card you stop getting Discovery miles ?

I think you get actual cashback into your account instead of miles.

Anyone know if I can still use my unused miles online? I can't see an option to use them in store anymore.

I think you get actual cashback into your account instead of miles.

Anyone know if I can still use my unused miles online? I can't see an option to use them in store anymore.

Discovery Miles programme is on hold while the new e-money version is being developed. Supposedly launching in Sept but will probably be delayed. You cant currently earn miles on new (bank) card. Yes - you can still use previous points earned. On iOS app home screen pull down to see this >

post-105394-15658550949164.jpg