Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

44 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

ah! you make it very clear unlike their marketing blurb. and since points targets are going up from next week, this will make it harder. I don't know anyone with a goal of 100 - even my blind friend gets her steps in daily

I'll be sure to tell my "100 point" wife this 😁

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Edereese said:

Too much admin for one extra play. It will also limit the more active people to do less for example if you meet the 600 you need to stop or do rides and not upload them. Think I'll pass.

No, it has nothing to do with actual points. It goal based.

1. As you add friends to your team, your combined goal will increase based on your friends' exercise goals. To qualify for exciting prizes, your combined goal value must be below 2 500 Vitality points. Your combined goal value is made up of your teams combined exercise goals.
  2. As you and your friends get more active, your exercise goals may increase.

Pretty much ... I can't find any way I can get a team together that fits. In fact I don't even know anyone that has ... anyone here?

And as stated next week everyone will have to be cutting members and stuff ... crock of s€£t if you ask me

this is one thing I found very frustrating before I joined and even whilst I was a member. Getting a straight answer to things. It seems one needs to spend a large amount of time familiarizing yourself with all the ins and outs and loopholes and nuances especially when it comes to vitality.

Just seems like way to much admin to me.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

this is one thing I found very frustrating before I joined and even whilst I was a member. Getting a straight answer to things. It seems one needs to spend a large amount of time familiarizing yourself with all the ins and outs and loopholes and nuances especially when it comes to vitality.

Just seems like way to much admin to me.

That is possibly why this thread is successful, we share the opportunities we find with each other. It still requires some work from the individual, as those who understand the system can share or explain it to those that don’t. However, the individual still needs to take that final step.

Most things in life require some effort, like training for a century ride. It’s not easy for the beginner and takes time (short and long term). They can take shortcuts but it isn’t sustainable for the long term.

Hope I make sense?

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

That is possibly why this thread is successful, we share the opportunities we find with each other. It still requires some work from the individual, as those who understand the system can share or explain it to those that don’t. However, the individual still needs to take that final step.

Most things in life require some effort, like training for a century ride. It’s not easy for the beginner and takes time (short and long term). They can take shortcuts but it isn’t sustainable for the long term.

Hope I make sense?

yeah but training for a century is fun for me, deciphering vitalities ever changing minefield is not.

This thread helps.

I know why its like that though, if they made it easy then they'd have to reward everyone, its their way of keeping the costs down.

9 minutes ago, ouzo said:

yeah but training for a century is fun for me, deciphering vitalities ever changing minefield is not.

This thread helps.

I know why its like that though, if they made it easy then they'd have to reward everyone, its their way of keeping the costs down.

Trust me, certain intervals are not fun either.

image.jpeg.abcb50a7cdd83d3d5aa9ef64f6a0234d.jpeg

As a broker that sells Discovery and a client, I can tell you now that Discovery can be the most annoying company ever. Besides the fact that they continuously change everything all the time, you can call it moving the goalposts, I also find that at times they’re almost too clever for their own good. Some of the things they’ve got going on, their systems are not even geared up 100% to handle everything which annoys the crap outta me. Like for the last 2 weeks, my fitness points haven’t been picking up again from my device which means i now need to call them again which is incredibly frustrating. 

However i can say that if you can just look past all the annoyances and frustrations, the product is actually fantastic and i receive so much cash back / miles from card spend, Pnp, BP, Sportsmans, Nandos etc its honestly worth it just for that.

15 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

As a broker that sells Discovery and a client, I can tell you now that Discovery can be the most annoying company ever. Besides the fact that they continuously change everything all the time, you can call it moving the goalposts, I also find that at times they’re almost too clever for their own good. Some of the things they’ve got going on, their systems are not even geared up 100% to handle everything which annoys the crap outta me. Like for the last 2 weeks, my fitness points haven’t been picking up again from my device which means i now need to call them again which is incredibly frustrating. 

However i can say that if you can just look past all the annoyances and frustrations, the product is actually fantastic and i receive so much cash back / miles from card spend, Pnp, BP, Sportsmans, Nandos etc its honestly worth it just for that.

I also had a number of time when my points was not picked up.  Didn't need to phone them, just sent an email with the details and proof of the exercise and a few days later its fixed.

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I also had a number of time when my points was not picked up.  Didn't need to phone them, just sent an email with the details and proof of the exercise and a few days later its fixed.

Which is a las and just proving my point.

If you going to promote all this stuff, then your system should be able to handle it. I feel like they should spend more time improving what they have at the moment rather than continuously bringing more things into play and making the whole system even more complex.

Be interesting to know the outcome and effect, if any, of Discovery's withdrawal of the Strava link, as a trusted source of members various exercise sessions etc.

At the time I thought it would really affect Discovery's image - now some years later, it's probably all just water under the bridge, or is it?

1 hour ago, Rob K said:

Be interesting to know the outcome and effect, if any, of Discovery's withdrawal of the Strava link, as a trusted source of members various exercise sessions etc.

At the time I thought it would really affect Discovery's image - now some years later, it's probably all just water under the bridge, or is it?

One gets 100 points for a Strava activity.
https://www.mynewsdesk.com/za/discovery-holdings-ltd/pressreleases/discovery-vitality-announces-new-partnership-with-strava-the-social-platform-for-athletes-3058631

3 hours ago, Rob K said:

But not accepting the full value of the session it seems?

I guess so, but then their system is not aimed for the well trained endurance athlete who appear on the right of the graph.

image.png.3b83e705598863a409bd0482b7510d2c.png

Edited by Frosty