The EzelEnduro: Enduro on the next level

ewaldsadie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Odinson, don't be a P#$@. Contacts don't work for me, hence the glasses.

hahahah hahah haaaaa! Never go full enduro. I think you look fast though!

This has changed the way I look at mtbing. Any other Enduro will now have to answer to the Ezel. Thanks Dan and all involved. Was epic. PS Odinson, get a life. Chop.

Great to hear Nico! A few guys have reported back with the same kind of thinking. Glad to inspire!

Armpump and smiles for days!

I wish photos could do the sheer quantity, size and harshness of the rocks justice - it's just not the same trying to tell someone about a line over a step down section - and sounding like you are not using hyperbole to describe the amount of s*#t that could go wrong, and the very slim chance you have of making it out on top of your bike at the bottom of it.

Great to hear Nico! A few guys have reported back with the same kind of thinking. Glad to inspire!

The other thing I realised about this type of race is that suddenly bike set up and component integrity matters.  Some serious contenders got relegated to no man's land because of parts failure, flats or just poor setup which other races let you get away with.

I beat some riders waaaaaaaay better than me simply because my old Alu Stumpy just refused to die.  Went for a ride yesterday without having even washed it since Ezel and the bike is as it was before Ezel.

Tell me again why spending R100k on that new AM steed makes you faster?

Fomo.

No illusions as to my current ability to keep going for that long though. Would love to see the file for next time I go up there!

I would advise against going up there by yourself - if you fall and get hurt, and realistically there's a mentionable chance of that, you will be in serious trouble. 

I would advise against going up there by yourself - if you fall and get hurt, and realistically there's a mentionable chance of that, you will be in serious trouble.

Yeah absolutely. Raydek and I are planning a trip up there early next year together with some other mates. Would never ride up there alone. Just too remote. Plus it'd always be better with mates

This is true. 

Besides, I'm not even sure those trails are open for riding otherwise (except maybe SS1?)

But if you want something similar but slower and shorter, Sanddrif has some nice tech rock.  Or you could do Contermanskloof's rock gardens blindfolded for proper simulation.

This is true.

Besides, I'm not even sure those trails are open for riding otherwise (except maybe SS1?)

But if you want something similar but slower and shorter, Sanddrif has some nice tech rock. Or you could do Contermanskloof's rock gardens blindfolded for proper simulation.

Hahaha! Cool. If they're not open then no problem. That area is littered with trails though. Spent a fair bit of time on Google earth just scoping it out.

And blindfolded... lol. Awesome. Sounds like fun!

Nah, I think that would still be too easy in comparison. :ph34r:

I think you guys are all talking turd ........ it can't be more hectic that Meerendal  :ph34r:

Invite only format kept the field small and safe. Trails were superduper gnarly so we didn't want to have riders there with unknown skills. Sorry you were not invited but you can blame your friends for not doing so!

Judging by the high attrition rate I think you should keep it invite only.

Judging by the high attrition rate I think you should keep it invite only.

Flippie!  Jy moet hom volgende jaar doen.  Di's jou kos daai ou maat!  Dan kry ons vir Kabous ook hier!