The EzelEnduro: Enduro on the next level

ewaldsadie

You seem to be the touchiest subject here, nonks

It was a TEST. As in to see if it is a viable option for the future. Only people whose skills were known to those initially invired (cos their skills were already known) cracked an invite. Wasn't a full event with prizes etc. not open to everyone.

Chill your jets.

I am lank chilled, if a bit hungover this am.

Just an observation of the nature of the interactions on this thread and my experiences of what happened in surfing.   The localism and kaaak attitudes are what ruined surfing - ask the guys in "chilled / laid-back" cape town about the hectic localism along the atlantic coastline...

Use it, don't use it. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's public?  The event was created as a test run for the concept and level - completely unsupported other than medical staff at the Festival (600m vert down at Basecamp) and completely blind for 99% of the field - not exactly the opportunity to send 50 random people up and down the mountain risking the longevity of the event even before it's properly established. 

I'm hardly "in the know" with the organisers other than seeing them at events.  We never ride together (other than Morzine last year), so it's absolutely not a case of "baantjies vir boeties".  Some people were invited and encouraged to suggest riders' names that were left out if people reckoned they were capable of looking after themselves.  I asked that three people be added and after vouching for their abilities they were added and participated.

So perhaps as Dan said, you have only your friends to blame?

I was going to invite headshot but I wasnt invited either :mellow:

I was going to invite headshot but I wasnt invited either :mellow:

I am going to ditch you because you don't know the right people Slapper. Goodbye :-)

I thought the two of you only posed in the parking area at the start of the trail

Yip I am a lycra clad hard tail 80km 2500m kind of guy. Nervous of downhills and would rather go up than down and I am no racing snake. I have no idea what rad or gnarly means but I do know that the more I ride a bike the more I seek out trails where I can maybe do some things I have not done before...it is a slow progress. I enjoyed reading the article, comments and looking at the awesome pictures. Kudo's to all involved, it looks like a special discipline that tests the limits, and rewards that test with a massive sense of achievement and cameraderie as is clearly displayed in the article and photo's. Is that not what life is about? Finding your "thing" and working with it and allowing others to find their "thing" and working with it.......despite some of their "thing" that might not appeal to you......anyway that is what I think. Will keep an eye on the enduro thing......it might just suck me in.

Yip I am a lycra clad hard tail 80km 2500m kind of guy. Nervous of downhills and would rather go up than down and I am no racing snake. I have no idea what rad or gnarly means but I do know that the more I ride a bike the more I seek out trails where I can maybe do some things I have not done before...it is a slow progress. I enjoyed reading the article, comments and looking at the awesome pictures. Kudo's to all involved, it looks like a special discipline that tests the limits, and rewards that test with a massive sense of achievement and cameraderie as is clearly displayed in the article and photo's. Is that not what life is about? Finding your "thing" and working with it and allowing others to find their "thing" and working with it.......despite some of their "thing" that might not appeal to you......anyway that is what I think. Will keep an eye on the enduro thing......it might just suck me in.

very well said sir!