Scam?

BMXER

ScAm !!!!!!!!!! .I am sure the kid has a mom ,tannie ,sister ,friend that can do this stuff  while daddy,s on the rig

Bad idea. You don't want a lowlife knowing where you live.

As far as getting the cops involved, I say give that a shot, you never know it may just work and uncover a syndicate.  You don't have to use your home address.

Bad idea. You don't want a lowlife knowing where you live.

Rather send them to a specific point at some or other public place and say it's because you feel safer transacting there. Then watch from a distance at the agreed time and see how long it takes before they realise they've been had.

Same kok & bull story every time.... its 100% a scam
They will show you a Paypal payment. His mate will come and fetch the bike, and the payment will never come through.

Just check every scam story and it will be pretty similar to yours.

that you even have to ask is a bit shocking. this is a total scam.

Even if it wasn't, payfast could give you a lot of trouble, so anyone offering anything other than cash/eft is hardly worth it

Edited by Dirkitect

Rather send them to a specific point at some or other public place and say it's because you feel safer transacting there. Then watch from a distance at the agreed time and see how long it takes before they realise they've been had.

from my experience, the moment I arrange for a public meet with scammers, it sends them running with their tail between their ass cheeks

Hi,

I received the below response on Gumtree,  I feel it is a scam,  anyone else had one similar experience?

Hello ,
Thanks for the response, i am really interested buying this for my Son only if you can assure me that everything is in order and it works fine,i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore i really want this to be a surprise gift for my Son so i wont let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him , i am sure he will be more than happy with it.It will be secured paying via Payfast as i'm on rig offshore.So let me know if you have an account with payfast so i can make the payment.
note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have  loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is downon the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.
Thanks
Mark J******

if you don't sell to him i am going to  ...........i need cash !!! :w00t:  :w00t:

I died 3 years ago but want to send my son a special gift from this side- I am sure that you will understand my predicament! I will pay immediately once I am alive again, but you will understand that my son needs the bike now because he is partaking in an event this coming weekend. Btw I was a chemical engineer who blew myself up with methane gas! :eek:

Chances are he is the 'agent' he speaks of.

When he 'pays' tell him that the money has reflected in your account and that the item is ready for collection. He might be like  :eek:

But you'll be like  :whistling:

Then you wait for him to arrive...  :ph34r:

Dear Mister BMXer

You may have seen that the Paypal payment haven't cleared. We are presently experiencing problems on board the offshore rig and it my be some time before I will be able to transfer the funds: see attached photo.

My son loves his new bicycle and now my daughter is jealous. Do you have another bicycle for sale? If so I will buy it and transfer the money into your Paypal account with a extra R1000-00 as bonus for your patience and friendship. 

My sincere thanks

Rick Master