Heavy Cyclists

Butterbean

My money is on the fat kid.

Possibly.... what I do know is that I roll faster down hills than Eddy.... he blames his tires.... :)

And nobody can accuse me of being a big guy... not anymore.... down to 64 from 96 playing rugby 30 years ago... unfortunately up 1 pants size.... which is REALLY REALLY annoying...

Target weight for Epic - 61....

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, the ability of pretty much everything to sneak inside my mouth without me even knowing I was holding it. 

And a pint of  Naked Mexican at the foundry rushes in before I have even notice the glass in my hand.

Her two sister then follow without me even noticing them being put down by the waitress.......

I'll be just about back up to running by then (hopefully) so it'll be a bit less guilty for me! 

I'm hoping to get down to 95/96 kg's before the heavy Christmas munch begins. That way I can keep to under 100 kg's by January. And then begins the long, unpleasant assault on my fat bits to get me down to around 90kg's by June  :(

I'm hoping to get down to 95/96 kg's before the heavy Christmas munch begins. That way I can keep to under 100 kg's by January. And then begins the long, unpleasant assault on my fat bits to get me down to around 90kg's by June  :(

I'm in the same boat.

Went to gym yesterday to see what I could do with these farking ribs as they are, 3 weeks after the crash. 

Answer - not much. Did a bit of arms, shoulders. Anything relating to back muscles or abductors - hahahahaha!

Moved over to legs cos I was just too sore.

Slow recovery, this one. Also my first day off the painkillers.

That's a fantastic reduction. Currently trying to drop from 106 back down to 90 after the stress and lack of focus on diet and exercise of an international move, job change etc.

What did you do to achieve that fantastic result?

LCHF (adjusted) I take more carbs than what is recommended and less fat. My carbs is whole foods like fruits (for HIIT days) and brown/ wild rice on weekends with an energy drink, but only when riding.

I still make sure that my total calorie intake is less than my output. MyFitnesPal is great for this.

I am too part of this wonderful group of heavier people. Currently at 96 but hope to be back under 90 early next year.

I also don't let it bother me that I'll never be a race snake. I'm more happy to power through the shorter, steep climbs (which I love), than the longer more gradual ones where I sometimes fade out, and either just go at a snails pace, or get off and walk for a bit.

6'4, 46/48 shoulder, 38/40 waist, 105kgs here, down from 112. seem to be hovering here but wanting to get below 100kgs before March. 

Drago, you forgot to add that you can never really experience "riding in a group" because no matter what you stick out the top, or everybody wants to sit behind the big guy!

When everybody starts talking about MMP and FTP numbers, and yours are much higher what the "fast riders" are putting out but you still look like you're standing still when the gradient gets over that "false flat" range. 

Hell even my Zwift character is bigger than everybody elses!

shjoe....

lots of big boned hubbers neh?

Another large unit here.

I am 1.81m sitting at 98kg at the moment. I don't think I stand a chance of staying under 100kg over December. I was 114.5kg last July and managed to get down to 94.5kg for Joberg2C earlier this year, but then the mileage went down and the weight went up again...

My bikes are OK, but I do have trouble with my wheels. They have a hard time and don't last too long.

This website used to make me feel a bit better: http://www.superclydesdale.com/

But it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Target weight: 95kg

Current weight: 122kg

Best attempt: 105kg training for first Ironman

I am very unfit atm but planning on starting swim/run/road cycle again from tomorrow.

Hoping class does not make next year revert it again.

My friend is 150kg and he loves riding but he can't catch a break he separated his AC joint few weeks ago (running not riding) and has to recover for while now.

I have come down from 114kgs to 95kg at 1,87m tall. 26% body fat to 15%. Lots of riding, running, all on a limited carb diet. I have now just gone to a 1x10 setup as I never use granny anymore. Couldn't believe that I was carrying 18kgs on each ride I went on. I have about 5kgs to go before I am completely happy. But definitely understand the challenges of being a heavier rider. And now, feeling the best I have felt in years!

Superb to see some of the heavier riders having their say!

I too am a buffalo, unfortunately at 1.96m I am limited to the amount of weight I can lose, sitting at a comfortable 95kgs. 

I do however enjoy the hills and find it even better when I am able to show some of the skinnies up some of the hills, only if they arent too long!

Keep it up gents and ladies (if there are any :))

I am the lightest I have been now in my life ..... down to 75 from 102.3 in March and I put it 98.345% (yes I made that up) down to what I eat (or rather DON'T eat) as I have always ridden lots!

Here's a picture of me for reference. BMI indicates obese too!

Ok, you can relax your stomach now.....????????

Archived