TokaiMTB Update: Possible earlier access?

TokaiMTB

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the dam area also open for picnics and swimming then?

I understand all facilities are open!

Indeed, all users were considered.

I whinged endlessly for weeks about Silvermine being closed. It opens and I haven't managed to get there in 4 days...

Its unforgivable!!! :ph34r:

Spent the last two days there for short periods!

Good to be back on the mountain - now waiting patiently for Tokai.

Thanks to all the stakeholders to make access possible :clap:  :clap:

Loved going to the dam with the kids to picnic, anyone know if that's still possible?

Are there shade providing trees surrounding the dam?

Loved going to the dam with the kids to picnic, anyone know if that's still possible?

Are there shade providing trees surrounding the dam?

Yes - no problem.

Dam is full of water - some trees are also still standing :-)

Did OWP section yesterday.  Had limited time so could'nt do the NHP loop as well.

Lots of topsoil/silt run off from the slopes now on the jeep track and lower steep sections have bad erosion.  

Nothing has been done in terms of repairs to the jeep tracks other than filling some areas with building rubble.  Would have thought they would rather fill with natural rock, etc, and keep foreign materials off the mountain.

Did OWP section yesterday.  Had limited time so could'nt do the NHP loop as well.

Lots of topsoil/silt run off from the slopes now on the jeep track and lower steep sections have bad erosion.  

Nothing has been done in terms of repairs to the jeep tracks other than filling some areas with building rubble.  Would have thought they would rather fill with natural rock, etc, and keep foreign materials off the mountain.

The Noordhoek Loop is exactly as it was before - except the Watsonias blooming magnificently at the moment...

Only alteration made is that the short single track section at the foot of the dam has been cleared of the surrounding vegetation. If I remember correctly there were more bushes and small trees before the closure. Feels faster somehow...

Whats the cost for a day permit and can you buy it at the entrance? Im not renewing the activity card untill tokai reopens

Me too!

Whats the cost for a day permit and can you buy it at the entrance? Im not renewing the activity card untill tokai reopens

At the entrance it is listed as R70 while on Table Mountain social media I read the day permit is R60. I'm still using my activity card which expires early Jan