Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Oldcoot is actually a hell of a good guy and a personal mate of mine - possibly was a bit naive about doping (not any more), but exceptionally loyal to his athletes who committed to being clean (and if they were not clean then they definately lied to him) - I have no doubt he will do what he needs to do to move this forward appropriately - he IS one of the good guys.

This Kevin thing must hurt him probably more than most... they go way back and he's pretty much been Kevins personal bike sponsor his whole career. I don't though understand why he is still defending him, he is more than smart enough to join the dots.

It's Kevin that has dropped the ball, Kevin that is cheapening his whole career, all his results, all his sponsors by walking away and not contesting any of this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to your questions based on the facts: No, no, yes.

The answer to your questions based on speculation: Yes. 

So then basically, a lot of the accusations now being thrown about are really just speculation ...again?

Does it change the view if one suggests KE knowingly raced without a TUE, to fulfill sponsorship obligations 

Is there a distinction between racing without a TUE to just appear in the event vs, hiding PED use with the objective to win?

Oldcoot is actually a hell of a good guy and a personal mate of mine - possibly was a bit naive about doping (not any more), but exceptionally loyal to his athletes who committed to being clean (and if they were not clean then they definately lied to him) - I have no doubt he will do what he needs to do to move this forward appropriately - he IS one of the good guys.

Perhaps have a chat with him and tell him, that if he comes out condemning doping and these dopes, he would be supported, but if he keeps comining out swinging its a lose lose.

But I suspect that he is too proud to do that? Hope that I am wrong.

that is good to hear, I would be proper de moer in with the situation if I was him. 

No doubt he is... I would also be apoplectic.

Fortunately I don't do twitter - think is a good medium for missing a few points...

That's not actually the truth either... Zabel was tested way more as an example (also never tested positive) but yeah, if things are given enough PR they become the truth  :rolleyes:

I thought that I had my sarcasm font on. :oops:

Apologies

So then basically, a lot of the accusations now being thrown about are really just speculation ...again?

Does it change the view if one suggests KE knowingly raced without a TUE, to fulfill sponsorship obligations 

Was that really his reason ?

How can someone involved in the cycling industry, especially working with professional athletes, claim to be naive about doping? 

He is a sales, finance and accounting guy - not a physiologist - and he does not claim to be naive about doping (I just think he used to be and his good name has been besmirched by a bunch of cheats)

He is a sales, finance and accounting guy - not a physiologist - and he does not claim to be naive about doping (I just think he used to be and his good name has been besmirched by a bunch of cheats)

Only after the money then?

Edited by Wired

So surely you distance yourself from it all??

He's fighting the wrong corner...

Was that really his reason ?

You would need to ask him if that's the real reason but I heard that that is why he raced without the TUE.

I'm merely placing other views on the table 

Put it in the book  :thumbup:

So surely you distance yourself from it all??

He's fighting the wrong corner...

why is this the only course of action? Are there no alternative paths?

You would need to ask him if that's the real reason but I heard that that is why he raced without the TUE.

I'm merely placing other views on the table 

My guess is that it was not to fulfil sponsor obligations...if one has a conscience and scruples you would tell the sponsor straight out "sorry I can't do this" I think he did it to try and build on what he saw as a successful brand...the Evan's brand....