Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivia time: What does your wife have in common with Lance Armstrong???

Getting a TUE after an event

That would be the process of getting a TUE being slowwwww.

Should she have done well in the race (which she did not) she would have immediately removed herself from the results via the race commisaire.

We were just afraid of a Baaisiklist scenario, where number 50 in the results gets banned for performance enhancing drugs.

My missus was successfully granted a TUE.

We started the process prior to race day. All the forms, doctors notes, test results treatments medication was explained.

She received emergency medical treatment for anaphylactic shock, which includes some banned substances.

The race was two weeks after the incident. The received the TUE a week after the race for the date of the race only.

so she raced without a TUE? since it was retrospective?

My missus was successfully granted a TUE.

We started the process prior to race day. All the forms, doctors notes, test results treatments medication was explained.

She received emergency medical treatment for anaphylactic shock, which includes some banned substances.

The race was two weeks after the incident. The received the TUE a week after the race for the date of the race only.

Point .... a week After the race.

and if it was not granted . she would have ridden as a "Doper"

Not trying to cause.

But how many times has this happened to Pros where they were told go and race and we will give you the TUE.

Two week after "sorry we are not giving t to you.

You are a "Doper"

Posted Today, 12:14

raptor-22, on 25 Jan 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:snapback.png

From his perspective ridi his mtb is his life and his livihood.

So why did he retire a year ago?

AH i see we're looking to fight about it. Makes sense.

He still rides his bike,

A year ago he retired from racing because the health issues meant he could no longer compete.

hasn't stop him riding a bicycle has it?

Edited by raptor-22

so this makes me a bit of a hypocrate.

Sadly. Yes.

It also shows how "easy" it is to find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Safe option is - don't race when you suspect you've taken something illegal. Better to miss a few races than get crucified on the hub and twitter!

Edited by Eldron

I think Kevin needs to put together a calm and reasoned statement on why he has not contested the finding - an HONEST one, and if things have not been above board anywhere, then appropriate reparations made, apologies issued etc

All this yelling and name calling on public media does not do the sport any good (Jules - are you listening? :) ) and the long term prospects for sponsorship get worse every day for athletes (especially for younger guys) the longer this carries on - no corporate wants to be associated with, or take the risk of being duped by a doper, and then have their name dragged through the mud publically.

Someone needs to hold free PR classes for pro athletes...

NIce idea however i think legally apologies are an admission of guilt open you to all sorts of legal consequences so unless you want to be liable aka Lance for fraud, perjury etc and the possible ramifications of that whole lot, so any legal person would tell you to stay quiet no matter how much you want to say sorry.

Maybe that is the reason for the very thin story......

And it seems like legal advice is what is causing this whole storm to have blown up. 

Damages done already are pretty considerable if you start to draw it out, so there are a lot of potential people who would be willing to take up cudgels and fund their own lawyers.

I think there are class action suits now in South Africa although I am not sure they are applicable here. Also not enough of a legal beagle to know about whistle blower cases like the USA where as the initiator you can benefit. Floyd Landis is looking to fund is future out of the money they are clawing back from Lance.

If I was Kevin I would also shut up and say nothing no matter how the twitter verse exploded and flamed him. 

Sadly. Yes.

It also shows how "easy" it is to find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Safe option is - don't race when you suspect you've taken something illegal. Better to miss a few races than get crucified on the hub and twitter!

dunnow how I am ever going to recover menally...oh wait.. i'm already over it...