Another one tests positive!!!

jcza

Thanks for sharing Gara. I think many cyclists are in the same boat, not knowing the side effects. Sounds hectic what you describe. A question, did you start taking it on your own or was it through buddies or others?

One thing we can all be absolutely sure about is this. No matter what you take, there is no effect without side effect.

That's where pane e acqua delivers the very best long term results. Sure, you might not win as much, but you'll be the old leathery dude still pumping out quality kilowatts long after the doper's brief but bright flames burn out...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time I was struggling to recover from hours of squats every day. I read about steroids in the local library - no internet back then.I got the name of a 'tame'  GP from a cop family member, went to him, got about 2cc of yellow oily liquid shot into my deltoid.Looking back, it was probably a mixture of Deca and Testosterone. Put on about 10kg in two months. Then just stopped. The GP had no idea of Post Cycle therapy, the cocktail of drugs you need to take after every steroid cycle,  to force your own HPTaxis back to life after being shut down by the roids. I did this a few times, using mixtures of injectables and orals. harder drugs like Nandro-prop. First sign of trouble was the dreaded 'Deca Dick'- impotence due to high prolactin, caused by Deca. Years later now, my test levels are those of a 60 year old.. not easy to train or do a stressful day's work like that.. so now it's blood tests, and the real possibility of needing testosterone replacement for the rest of my life. Which has its own serious side effects. Which is why, despite my son's begging and pleading, I have refused to give him anything more than Creatine and BCAA's, which are safe for long term health.. at least someone benefits from my mistakes

Edited by Garamundege Mugabe

At the time I was struggling to recover from hours of squats every day. I read about steroids in the local library - no internet back then.I got the name of a 'tame' GP from a cop family member, went to him, got about 2cc of yellow oily liquid shot into my deltoid.Looking back, it was probably a mixture of Deca and Testosterone. Put on about 10kg in two months. Then just stopped. The GP had no idea of Post Cycle therapy, the cocktail of drugs you need to take after every steroid cycle, to force your own HPTaxis back to life after being shut down by the roids. I did this a few times, using mixtures of injectables and orals. harder drugs like Nandro-prop. First sign of trouble was the dreaded 'Deca Dick'- impotance due to high prolactin, caused by Deca. Years later now, my test levels are those of a 60 year old.. not easy to train or do a stressful day's work like that.. so now it's blood tests, and the real possibility of needing testosterone replacement for the rest of my life. Which has its own serious side effects. Which is why, despite my son's begging and pleading, I have refused to give him anything more than Creatine and BCAA's, which are safe for long term health.. at least someone benefits from my mistakes

Interesting reading.

A lot of people are now moving away from deca and sustenon.

i think the future will be peds such as SARMs like ostirin (sp) but these are still early days and not much data.

It makes for fascinating reading.

At the time I was struggling to recover from hours of squats every day. I read about steroids in the local library - no internet back then.I got the name of a 'tame'  GP from a cop family member, went to him, got about 2cc of yellow oily liquid shot into my deltoid.Looking back, it was probably a mixture of Deca and Testosterone. Put on about 10kg in two months. Then just stopped. The GP had no idea of Post Cycle therapy, the cocktail of drugs you need to take after every steroid cycle,  to force your own HPTaxis back to life after being shut down by the roids. I did this a few times, using mixtures of injectables and orals. harder drugs like Nandro-prop. First sign of trouble was the dreaded 'Deca Dick'- impotance due to high prolactin, caused by Deca. Years later now, my test levels are those of a 60 year old.. not easy to train or do a stressful day's work like that.. so now it's blood tests, and the real possibility of needing testosterone replacement for the rest of my life. Which has its own serious side effects. Which is why, despite my son's begging and pleading, I have refused to give him anything more than Creatine and BCAA's, which are safe for long term health.. at least someone benefits from my mistakes

Yoh, yoh, yoh.

Personally, I stick to good food and drink - mostly stuff like meat, eggs, fish, vegetables and fruit, and I drink a span of fruit juice and sweet tea and coffee which is hell on my teeth. No supplements or vitamins or pills of any sort. I remember my Epic partner the one year asking about my recovery supplements, I waved my bottle of choccie milk at him and said 'this is the recovery juice, buddy'. When I did Cape Pioneer with Ro Exelby he was on a similar 'regime'; after each stage, we'd go find a shop and buy a litre of milk each for recovery peppose.

And with that gruelling routine, I'd say I'm a reasonably good bike rider when I have been training assiduously.

At the time I was struggling to recover from hours of squats every day. I read about steroids in the local library - no internet back then.I got the name of a 'tame'  GP from a cop family member, went to him, got about 2cc of yellow oily liquid shot into my deltoid.Looking back, it was probably a mixture of Deca and Testosterone. Put on about 10kg in two months. Then just stopped. The GP had no idea of Post Cycle therapy, the cocktail of drugs you need to take after every steroid cycle,  to force your own HPTaxis back to life after being shut down by the roids. I did this a few times, using mixtures of injectables and orals. harder drugs like Nandro-prop. First sign of trouble was the dreaded 'Deca Dick'- impotance due to high prolactin, caused by Deca. Years later now, my test levels are those of a 60 year old.. not easy to train or do a stressful day's work like that.. so now it's blood tests, and the real possibility of needing testosterone replacement for the rest of my life. Which has its own serious side effects. Which is why, despite my son's begging and pleading, I have refused to give him anything more than Creatine and BCAA's, which are safe for long term health.. at least someone benefits from my mistakes

BTW how old is your son, if I may ask, and why does he want to munch creatine/BCAAs and why is he eyeing anabolics?

Should also note that I have no issue with people who choose to munch roids etc; that differs to the issue I have with those who use banned substances to gain a competitive edge...

BTW how old is your son, if I may ask, and why does he want to munch creatine/BCAAs and why is he eyeing anabolics?

He probably wants the gains...

Please don't flame me - I'm offering what I know, own experience, in good faith and for general information.  Stanozolol is an old, crude, cheap steroid - Winthrop Pharma, 1962. , I'll never understand why any endurance athlete uses it. It's water-based, 17-alkylated, so very harsh on the liver. There are credible studies showing Winstrol causes the Achillies tendon to become less elastic, increasing risk of rupture under load. It shuts your endogenous test production down hard - and getting that back is tricky unless you know what you're doing. The injections are among the more painful, in my experience, of all the steroids. You need a heavy gauge needle, because the Stanozolol flakes settle out, block thinner needles. Experienced lifters talk of 'Winny joints' - it's known to affect joint lubricity - again, good for a cyclist? I used it many times in my young, ignorant days: it invariably reduced the number of sub-maximal lifts I could do - but it did make my veins more visible...I'm now investigating TRT with an endocrinologist, because I buggered up my bodies natural test production by using anabolics including Stanozolol, in ignorance when I was a kid. Not even my GP at the time knew about Post Cycle therapy - but he gave me the steroids.. school fees..  

Slight tangent...

This came up the other day, without agreement. Is there any difference in the absorption rates of oil- and water-based stuff? And how long it sticks around?     

Slight tangent...

This came up the other day, without agreement. Is there any difference in the absorption rates of oil- and water-based stuff? And how long it sticks around?     

yes. Half-lives of all the roids differ, but generally oil based is longer acting (esterified for that) and much more persistent in the body than water based. Testosterone suspension is water based, very fast acting - 24 hours; testosterone Cypionate is oil based - 12 days. Deca Durabolin aka Nandrolone, is detectable for 18 months in urine. I can't see how any competitive - as in elite - athlete, in any drug-free sport code, can use roids now - inevitable you'll get caught. But it's unbelievably wide-spread outside the pro ranks, and the ignorance, especially amongst young guys, is terrifying

Edited by Garamundege Mugabe

Shame guys, maybe he had a health issue and was denied a TUE. Just stop this witch hunt already!

Far more importantly, are there any hubbers who made vague accusations on Twitter before he got caught? This is their chance to come clean and beg for hub mercy..