Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

Looks like I am out of this race. My son was born earlier the morning so family comes first.

Congrats! All the best for the years ahead.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a recce of the last 8km today. All the potholes were filled, so one less thing to worry about :thumbup:

You should have more faith in the team behind the scenes... filling them was never in doubt

Not doing the race but will take a ride out later to see some of the action at the finish. 

AL was good! Nice and fast. Came in at 2:20. Well organized. Easy parking. Quick in and out.

Guys worked well together. Roads were good, marshaling was on point.

Loved the final 10km's with everyone waiting for the break, and then GO as we hit the last bend up to the finish..

First time doing a proper distance race on a proper Road Bike, great experience. Started in HL and finished in 2:36, possibly ahead of the rest of my start group, will wait for official timing for confirmation. Only eligible race for seeding prior to this one was 947 on a MTB, so suffice to say my seeding was probably Conservative. Will see how the seeding pans out for the next race.

Rode VB - safest I've felt in for a long time - one or two twitchy moments but otherwise a good day out.

Keep the feedback coming, especially the groups that would have passed the 40km riders.

Hope you felt safer on this route compared to the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day out, did about 2:38. Was wide asleep at the start and missed the bus in EL, so sat up and waited for the FL bunch which basically took me to the end. Caught up with some of the 40km guys, but didn't have any issues, people mostly had the common sense to stay left and out of the way of the quicker riders. Easy access and parking, quick exit. Well organised and very enjoyable race

Rode VB - safest I've felt in for a long time - one or two twitchy moments but otherwise a good day out.

Keep the feedback coming, especially the groups that would have passed the 40km riders.

Hope you felt safer on this route compared to the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better route. Much safer. Spoke to a few guys at the finish and everyone I spoke to commented on how much better the route is. We didn't have those last 20 km on the Heidelberg road passing convoys of short distance riders. It was always bad for us but it must have been awful for them.

Felt very safe overall.

Found some sketchy moments trying to pass the larger groups.

We were three guys from HL that worked well to get a good pace going. As we approached a larger GL group they were sitting across the whole lane. We asked "Keep Left Please" as we tried to pass. After we passed them, about 5minutes later, the same group came thundering past us three with the lead guy holding his first in the air... It was the group with a large contingent of the Proud Beginners squad. Strange...

Don't know why they got upset with us passing them. Anyway, left them again after about 10min and didn't see them for the rest of the race.

Nice safe training ride, dropped back to DL to pace a friend but lost her in the first 10kms without realising, Sat up to wait without luck in re-spotting her, pulled a small group to try catch the bunch in DL in case had missed her passing me, no one wanted to work so sat up and just tagged along with smaller bunches.  Got caught by the main EL bunch around 65kms, sat on the back as still recovering from a broken collar bone a month ago and did not fancy any incidents/crashes, stayed on the fringes of bunches to the finish, happy with a 2.47 without incident and first time on a bike in a month.

Much safer route even with some of the short distance riders joining.  There were some instances in the last 15kms when road got congested, but was mainly due to people not keeping left.  Otherwise a much better route

Got a 2:43 from EL , packet dropped me and I finished with some guys behind them. Group was very twitchy and constant slamming of brakes for no reason for the first 50ks. Heard someone go down behind us, hope they ok. Route was great, 40k riders were pretty spread across the road on a picnic in the last 10ks and hard to pass a lot of the time. Otherwise great race. Well done ASG .

Edited by Brickleberry