[Event] Ashburton Investments National MTB Series VAN GAALEN

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My local backyard race... Hope the descent before the bridge is a little firmer this year.

Just spoke with Erik (Cheese Farmer) and there is a bridge, apparently a lot sturdier and faster. There is an option to portage around, but apparently pretty tricky trek.

My local backyard race... Hope the descent before the bridge is a little firmer this year.

Just spoke with Erik (Cheese Farmer) and there is a bridge, apparently a lot sturdier and faster. There is an option to portage around, but apparently pretty tricky trek.

Good to hear they give you an option to trek over the mountain.

If there's no bottleneck at the bridge I'll ride it. If there's people waiting I'm doing the portage thing over the mountain. 

Event Name: Ashburton Investments National MTB Series VAN GAALEN

When: 11 June 2016

Where: Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, R560, North West, North West

Category: MTB

Many Gauteng mountain bikers rate the trails as Van Gaalen Cheese farm as the best in the province. Known for the abundance of single track and varied terrain with the occasional hard climb.

Expect big numbers and exhilarating racing! Van Gaalen has over the last 7 years built a seemingly endless amount of trails that snakes over the Magalies, through ravines and gorges, along sweet contours, and carves absolutely sick lines along the river banks.

The event will showcase a combination of the best of mountain biking that Van Gaalens has to offer come and truly explore the Magalies area!

Go to Event Page

Yes... North-West Province. Gautengers can't claim this one as their own.

Edited by Bike Whisperer

You'll be fine.  ;)

The "big hill" is in the beginning and from there a bit of the rocky decent and then fun all the way to the finish.

put like that has a diffrent ring to it.. How hard is it compared to the maglies monster.

Lank miffed that i am missing this race.

Anyhoo, 3 days of riding in the kalahari may improve my mood a bit  #kalchal

put like that has a diffrent ring to it.. How hard is it compared to the maglies monster.

I have done both multiple times with varied success .This years MM was easier and still challenging .Will do again !.Every van Gaalens i say never again ,but end up ding it again 

I have done both multiple times with varied success .This years MM was easier and still challenging .Will do again !.Every van Gaalens i say never again ,but end up ding it again

ok it's one of those..it's always hard but depends on your fitness or how you are on the day. And when you completely finished at the end you say never again..but ????????????????????

Ok so it's proper tough ????

Not related to the race , BUt how is the safety at van galens? I rode there often 3 years ago but have been there since 2013 ......Is it safe to ride alone?

Whereabouts on the general VG routes is that bridge?

I don't think its on the normal VG routes. If I remember its after the satellite decent before heading back and going under the tar road and heading up to oom piets.