[Event] Ashburton Investments National MTB Series VAN GAALEN

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they have an alternative at the bridge I'll be happy. Last year I was racing in the front of B batch and had to wait about 20 minutes just to cross the bridge. 

If there is any congestion I would like to have the option of taking an alternative instead of standing around watching people fall into a pond...

I hope it's not the same boring old route as the last two years with the same stupid dusty start and then the thick sand 3kms in and then up the concrete climb . The initive has been minimal at the past events ....

Last year there were changes at the beginning of the race, on the way to concrete collision - I think that was a big improvement

Never say never.....but this one....

Never again.

Hahhahahaha.

Bled too much in the past.... :eek:

Good luck and enjoy to everyone going! 

As long as they have an alternative at the bridge I'll be happy. Last year I was racing in the front of B batch and had to wait about 20 minutes just to cross the bridge. 

If there is any congestion I would like to have the option of taking an alternative instead of standing around watching people fall into a pond...

You must be super fast and very competitive. 

You should enjoy the "standing" moments more in life.

You must be super fast and very competitive.

You should enjoy the "standing" moments more in life.

I ride fast to get to the beer tent quicker...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also not done this one before ,entered the marathon and am expecting a suffer fest.

Don't like the sound of the bridges though...

Also not done this one before ,entered the marathon and am expecting a suffer fest.

Sounds like the bridges are sorted from what I heard.

Watch out for the slippery rocks AFTER the crossing!  They caught out a lot of riders. 

Otherwise, it is a lekke race and very challenging.  -8 degrees in the morning, 30 degrees in the afternoon.  You bonk, you die.  But its okay to die.....peacefully in the bushveld underneath a pretty papierbas thorntree.... :thumbup:

I agree. was a real time waster!

See post number 8. from Wessel.

No bridge this year.

Edited by Reden

But then I see the profile map still has it on route.

"Win or Swim Floating Bridge"

NATIONAL MTB SERIES @NatMTBseries

We're currently building an improved floating bridge, widening the single track before it to keep the trails congestion-free.

Sounds like the bridges are sorted from what I heard.

Watch out for the slippery rocks AFTER the crossing! They caught out a lot of riders.

Otherwise, it is a lekke race and very challenging. -8 degrees in the morning, 30 degrees in the afternoon. You bonk, you die. But its okay to die.....peacefully in the bushveld underneath a pretty papierbas thorntree.... :thumbup:

well now I am not stressed at all ....it's the climbing I'm kaking for. Have ridden vg a few times only and know the terrain is tough . Loose rocks etc. not sure I should be doing the 72km...oh well will,just have to find one of those pretty papierbas thorntrees Edited by Pikey

well now I am not stressed at all ....it's the climbing I'm kaking for. Have ridden vg a few times only and know the terrain is tough . Loose rocks etc. not sure I should be doing the 72km...oh well will,just have to find one of those pretty papierbas thorntrees

You'll be fine.  ;)

The "big hill" is in the beginning and from there a bit of the rocky decent and then fun all the way to the finish.