Dealing with dissapointment, anger, hurt and stupidity (not for the squeamish)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should pollish out nicely..... Nothing too bad

Nee, don!ner. Dit is 'n slegte een.

Let it heal up properly rather than prolonging the recovery. Disappointed, frustrated, die moer in - all proper feelings. My outlook on life lately has been "it is what it is, now deal with". There is nothing one can do now to reverse what happened. It is what you do now going forward.

Perhaps you can do the "supportive wife" role for the missus this year, making sure she gets all possible from the event.

Ouch, can't be helped and you didn't intend to mess up. Mistakes happen.  Get back on the bike and be happy the two of you can ride races together in future. This one will pass.

Don't know u from a bar of soap but can taste your disappointment. Sorry u can not race S2C with your vrou. Also did a dof thing this week and landed on my pip - a few staples later but all good.

Bee if your toe is not bust then you will be fine. Look after it and I recon you will be ok. Swimming is a great low impact option to maintain fitness.

Bad luck Slowbee. Maybe just maybe you will feel ok to still ride your race with your wife. She could push you up the hills, and give you encouragement when you need it most. Sort of joking but who knows, if not this race, there will be others.

Ag nee man!!! I was really looking forward to suffering the Adventure with you 2....

Sheeez, but it really does look damn sore...

Slowbee, sorry to hear. It looks very sore. Be thankful it's not more serious, be thankful you have such an understanding wife. There will be other races. But ya, I would also be bummed out.

Sorry to hear Slowbee. Heal up soon and remember to not beat yourself up to much. There will be other races you'll be able to do with Mrs Slowbee.

Damn what market did that little piggy go to?...Speedy healing boet

The Old Sliced Toe Market. Apparently very popular in Pigsville. :whistling:

WOW that looks so! Heal up soon! 

Any Balance problems after loosing a bit of toe?

I think he lost the balance before the toe when the wall disappeared under him... ;)

Eisch......haibo.

That looks bloody sore. Sorry!!!

BUT I must apologise but some of the posts made me laugh out loud. I hope your mood is also improved.

Speedy recovery

Sarge