Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, 

Please feel free to contact our support team with any questions at support@wahoofitness.co.za - these members will get back to you as soon as possible. 

We're dedicated to get you training. 

Your local Wahooligan

Hey guys, 

Please feel free to contact our support team with any questions at support@wahoofitness.co.za - these members will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Your local Wahooligan

Thank you, I received a nice detailed mail from your support team.

Hi proud owners, just a question.

Is it normal for the Kickr 2018 to make more noise as it heats up? When cold I only hear drive train noise but it gets worse after some hard riding.

It sounds like a slight screech from the region of the tensioner pulley. The screech is in sync with the belt (one screech per passing of belt).

Note that this is not the woodruff key issue. That was already fixed. Thanks again to iKhambi.

I hope this thread covers Kickr Snap as well ;)

So for those who do own this indoor tormentor; have you noted a slow/variable response to power levels when in erg mode? For instance, when whatever app is being used to demand a certain power output, it feels like the IDT is slow to achieve the required resistance or it comes on in fits and starts. For instance, going from 80% FTP to 140%, my hub power meter is indicating i've reached the desired power, but trainer road power indication shows I'm lagging behind, but eventually catches up so that the hub power meter reading and the IDT reading/demand are the same. Wheel slip?

It's abit annoying because trainer road will indicate I'm running a deficit in power level, all because I did not seem to get to the required power level at the start of the interval.

I'm aware that erg mode responds to cadence when determining what level of resistance to apply. I've noted that on trainerroad, the power level deficit is bigger if I go into the start of a higher power interval with a high cadence (which is what is required during the lower power recovery sessions).

I can reduce the deficit by slowing the cadence and then ramping up to meet required power levels during the last 2 seconds of countdown to the next interval. the closer I start to the start of the interval, the lower the deficit. If I don't micromanage the situation to that level, I get slapped with a deficit.

I feel this is the Snap's behavior more than Trainerroad, as the same behavior is noted when using Rouvy. But open to alternate perspectives and guidance :)

I have a question on this

Why would you use a 2nd power meter on a smart trainer already equipped with a power meter.

Why would you use a 2nd power meter on a smart trainer already equipped with a power meter.

2 reasons.

1.) PM on trainers is most often not as accurate as separate power meters

2.) whether you agree with the above statement or not, they will often read differently. If you cycle outside too then using your PM inside will allow you to compare indoor rides to outdoor rides accurately. If you use PM outside and trainer inside then you can't really compare the two accurately.

thanks for attempting to solve my problem ;)

added to what travisza pointed out, it wasn't a deliberate choice to have two: my trainer wheel has a hub based power meter. Pure coincidence that i have two,but it is of interest to check the response times and power numbers of one against the other.

2 reasons.

1.) PM on trainers is most often not as accurate as separate power meters

2.) whether you agree with the above statement or not, they will often read differently. If you cycle outside too then using your PM inside will allow you to compare indoor rides to outdoor rides accurately. If you use PM outside and trainer inside then you can't really compare the two accurately.

On your point above i did consider a 2nd Pm on my bike but it kinda goes against spending all the money on a smart trainer. Whilst i agree an IDT will never read the same one would think that with proper calibration etc they would be similar if not a few minor % out.

That's why I spent money on a power meter first. Still riding a dumb trainer so I can have power indoors and outdoors. Smart trainer when I have the cash and someone is looking to seek one for a good deal in the hub classifieds.

Just a quick report back, I did the factory spindown via the Utility app and 150watts now feels like I am working, will redo the test later with the Vectors and reports back, thanks for the great support by wahoo.

That's why I spent money on a power meter first. Still riding a dumb trainer so I can have power indoors and outdoors. Smart trainer when I have the cash and someone is looking to seek one for a good deal in the hub classifieds.

exactly how I ended up with two PMs. :thumbup:

Hey guys, 

Your local Wahooligan

This is why I bought local and specifically a Wahoo product.

Hi proud owners, just a question.

Is it normal for the Kickr 2018 to make more noise as it heats up? When cold I only hear drive train noise but it gets worse after some hard riding.

It sounds like a slight screech from the region of the tensioner pulley. The screech is in sync with the belt (one screech per passing of belt).

Note that this is not the woodruff key issue. That was already fixed. Thanks again to iKhambi.

Did you ever get an answer to this? Also, do you feel a bit of vibration at high flywheel rotational speed? When mine coasts down from high speed, the vibration can easily be felt through the bike. Just want to find out if this is considered "normal".

Did you ever get an answer to this? Also, do you feel a bit of vibration at high flywheel rotational speed? When mine coasts down from high speed, the vibration can easily be felt through the bike. Just want to find out if this is considered "normal".

Hi There, 

There will be a slight vibration caused by the heavy flywheel spinning at high RPMs. Should you have any technical questions or concerns I recommend that you get in touch with one of our support agents - best channel to follow is support@wahoofitness.co.za 

They will be able to give you a clear answer on what is within the normal ranges with regards to sounds, vibrations or niggles. Most of these can be solved very quickly with the help of a Wahooligan expert. 

Cheers!

Hi There, 

There will be a slight vibration caused by the heavy flywheel spinning at high RPMs. Should you have any technical questions or concerns I recommend that you get in touch with one of our support agents - best channel to follow is support@wahoofitness.co.za 

They will be able to give you a clear answer on what is within the normal ranges with regards to sounds, vibrations or niggles. Most of these can be solved very quickly with the help of a Wahooligan expert. 

Cheers!

Thank you for the response. I've emailed the query to the address above and await their feedback.

I'm new to direct drive trainers so am not yet sure what is normal or within spec.