The Mystery Rider has been found, NOW how to keep going to Friday?

KarlvN

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I am with you on this one.....no love for rouge riders

whats wrong with the Commies?

Ok so what i they used a bit if this and a bit of that over the years. Can't go blaming them for being faster than you just because they red

Ok there always has to be one,,,

OP,,, I'm curious?, so you get a name and you "shame",,, if the clown can read and he did see the board he clearly feels vaark all for the board and all those that could possibly be effected by his actions,

Do you think he cares???

What "punishment" would you deem fair???

Ok there always has to be one,,,

OP,,, I'm curious?, so you get a name and you "shame",,, if the clown can read and he did see the board he clearly feels vaark all for the board and all those that could possibly be effected by his actions,

Do you think he cares???

What "punishment" would you deem fair???

Dips,

The club is looking for the perpetrator in order to deal with him according to the rules as set out in the club constitution. Too many people ride our trails daily without permission, and the time has come where the collective has reached a level of gatvol, i.e. enough is enough.

What is to be done, you ask? Easy, have him identified and appropriately sanctioned according to the club's rules. If that entails having him banned for a period of time, so be it.

Let's not make this about the people who point out this bad behavior. It's too easy to have a go at the whistle blowers these days, that's why the bad apples are left to their own devices. Ask Thuli Madonsela.

If the fact that the general public is made aware that such k@k attitudes will not be tolerated, then I am willing to "be that one" as you point out.

It's not about whether he cares or not, since we have established by his photo that he does not. But should the rest of us condone him? What about the trail builders, who toil away in the baking sun on that rock hard ground to maintain that trail, pleading with members to please stay off it? Vaark them too?

No Dips, this time, I will NOT stay silent.

A bucket of paint strategically placed to empty on guilty rider as said rider passes under.  Will flag the rider for all to see.

That would be something that would really get their attention.

Dips,

The club is looking for the perpetrator in order to deal with him according to the rules as set out in the club constitution. Too many people ride our trails daily without permission, and the time has come where the collective has reached a level of gatvol, i.e. enough is enough.

What is to be done, you ask? Easy, have him identified and appropriately sanctioned according to the club's rules. If that entails having him banned for a period of time, so be it.

Let's not make this about the people who point out this bad behavior. It's too easy to have a go at the whistle blowers these days, that's why the bad apples are left to their own devices. Ask Thuli Madonsela.

If the fact that the general public is made aware that such k@k attitudes will not be tolerated, then I am willing to "be that one" as you point out.

It's not about whether he cares or not, since we have established by his photo that he does not. But should the rest of us condone him? What about the trail builders, who toil away in the baking sun on that rock hard ground to maintain that trail, pleading with members to please stay off it? Vaark them too?

No Dips, this time, I will NOT stay silent.

Got it !!!! asked and answered,

I get it, I'm on the side of paying your way and I stick to the rules(mostly high horse and all),, I was honestly curious to your expectations

Just a stupid question.  Was there a ribbon or something like that which barred entry to the trail? Sometimes people stop reading signs when they have ridden a specific trail repeatedly.

Edited by Moridin

Just a stupid question. Was there a ribbon or something like that which barred entry to the trail? Sometimes people stop reading signs when they have ridden a specific trail repeatedly.

Unless other people have deliberately ripped it down, there was large amounts of bunting and signage. And The trail has to be very specifically accessed due to the geography. And we have had mails in size 60-something font saying 'Blomendaaler closed' so it would have to be a concerted effort to ignore. And repeated requests in Patrick's (the trail builder) section in the weekly newsletter to not ride it. (And we have already had closures in the same trail network due to these sorts, hence the fury of the regulars) Edited by Thor Buttox

Moridin....I rode up from Bloemendal side into Hillcrest with the intention of coming down Bloemslanger, upon reaching the saddle to turn right before heading up the last "slog" to get to the top the "DO NOT RIDE, TRAILS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE.....THAT INLCUDES YOU!!" sign cannot really be missed (In bold red capitals).  I turned around and went back down Hillcrest.  I believe they cannot put ribbon across the jeep track at the portion where I saw the sign, as the masts are accessed by Telkoms and the like, but pretty sure ribbon would have been across the entrance at the start of the single track.....just my 2c

stevie wonder wouldn't have missed that

People generally don't miss the signs, they just have total disregard for them as they do for road signs/rules etc.

There is this one farmer on our trails that puts up those orange electric wireless to keep animals/people out of certain areas, unfortunately the one trail runs exactly through one of his "gardens" but instead of putting up two separate wires he just put it up across the path way.

Some people got a shocking surprise...just throwing it out there.

Can't wait for it to be open again! It was good before and I only rode it once when it was super loose. Should be pretty darn fast now.

Just gotta let it set

Myles, I'm with you on that one buddy. That trail is very special (well to me at least), and I cannot wait to get on there again. Hence my frustration at the deliberate disrespect of the rider in question.

Let this also serve as a warning to other folks who might think to ride where they shouldn't!