[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

Assume you mean make your way to the start by 7:30? A bunch of corporate and charity people clogging op the gates for the faster guys for an hour before their start, is going to cause a fair amount of aggravation.

He did not mean the B group start pen, but rather circle "B" as labeled on this map: https://s3.amazonaws.com/pmb-musics/Telkom_947_Cycle_Challenge/cc_venue_parking_21Sept16+copy.pdf

Some advise for a 947 newbie please.

I'm riding in the W batch as part of a corporate team; start time 7:47 ...  I'm also the "Team Captain" :blush: and am responsible for getting our Team together as much as possible so that we can move down to the start as one group.

I'm thinking of indicating to the team to meet at the "B" Circle so that we can proceed to the start by 6:30

Will this give us enough time to make it down to the start as a group?

Thanking you in advance.

Sound plan. I just recommend that you meet off the road.

Edited by GaryvdM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the second loop possible from E?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You wanting a second opinion as am sure you asked this question a while back??

You wanting a second opinion as am sure you asked this question a while back??

I think I asked if a person gets an email invite to do it or they just do it. I think someone said I can join in somewhere on the road. I think Gerald said that. I am not sure if I asked what I just did, but you can go back and quote my initial question.

He did not mean the B group start pen, but rather circle "B" as labeled on this map: https://s3.amazonaws.com/pmb-musics/Telkom_947_Cycle_Challenge/cc_venue_parking_21Sept16+copy.pdf

Sound plan. I just recommend that you meet off the road.

Ignore Eon, your gate will be marked and will be well back from the faster groups, you will unlikely clog up anything.

It is your day with your group, better to get them all together and early enough so that there is no stress on behalf of the members of the group or you... as is a day you want to enjoy with your group.

The original post said get to the start point at 6:30, not 7:30, as you'll see in the one I quoted, which is why I said I assume he meant 7:30. Big difference there. Edited by Eon du Plessis

Ignore Eon, your gate will be marked and will be well back from the faster groups, you will unlikely clog up anything.  

It is your day with your group, better to get them all together and early enough so that there is no stress on behalf of the members of the group or you... as is a day you want to enjoy with your group.

+1

On a previous occasion I arrived at like 5am for an 8am start and didn't get in anyone's way. Rather give yourself enough time to avoid last minute panic stations. Just be considerate and try to stay on the sidelines around the start, which in my experience is not very difficult to do.

Edited by Pall Catt

OK, so I have a new toy. I bought a Garmin Virb Camera. 

I have a 64 gb card in it and the battery is good to last my entire race.

I will be recording the entire VA race, editing it a bit and then will look at loading it to YOUTUBE. (My first youtube video!)

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route is displayed.

If this goes well Ill record all my VA races and upload them. 

Edited by JA-Q001

I will be recording the entire VA race, editing it a bit and then will look at loading it to YOUTUBE. (My first youtube video!)

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route.

I cant wait, im so exited...

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route.

Are you gona have it on your handlebars, facing forward or under your saddle, facing backwards?

Are you gona have it on your handlebars, facing forward or under your saddle, facing backwards?

Currently hooked up underneath my Garmin mount, so facing forward.

Someone call my name?

Hahahaha, I did. 1 page ago, just to clear something up.

You may go back to being an awesome event organiser.

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route is displayed.

I'll wave when the VB's comes past.  Again.

:thumbup:  :P  :D

Some advise for a 947 newbie please.

I'm riding in the W batch as part of a corporate team; start time 7:47 ...  I'm also the "Team Captain" :blush: and am responsible for getting our Team together as much as possible so that we can move down to the start as one group.

I'm thinking of indicating to the team to meet at the "B" Circle so that we can proceed to the start by 6:30

Will this give us enough time to make it down to the start as a group?

Thanking you in advance.

As easy as B-circle sounds, the whole venue gets extremely busy and it easy to lose someone even at that point. My suggestion is to tell your team to meet at a specific point on the circle, i.e. the 12-o'clock position, or in the centre of the circle.

Anyone not there by a certain time, must make their way to the start batch on their own.